/reportvehiclestolen only to be used at a Police Station.

Detailed Description

I have encountered numerous people that would evade, then use /reportvehiclestolen either while actively evading, or shortly after using police on their tail in an attempt to try to get out of the situation of being put as a potential suspect. I think it would be an appropriate idea to only allow one to use /reportvehiclestolen while on the premises of any LSPD / LSSD / SAPR stations. It would also be beneficial to include the location, for example "XXX has reported their XXX with plate XXX stolen at XXX from Mission Row Station". Unfortunately I have recently encountered for this to be happening a lot. Sure, in real life it would be possible, but based on the conversations I've had with several other peers I believe it definitely fits more towards non-RP behavior as it would be script abuse. If a warrant is attempted to be filed, having the vehicle to be reported stolen by the owner would make it more difficult with getting a warrant processed.

Relevant Commands/Items

No new commands.

How will it benefit the server?

It would prevent or at least minimize any further abuse from occurring when people would instantly report their vehicles as stolen when being chased by the authorities. 

• Upvote 2

Not a terrible idea, except these reports are sporadically taken in the field, and this would inhibit that roleplay. Maybe /reportvehiclestolen could be used by any LEO at any location, and by non-LEOs only at the station? 

Aside from abuses of the system.. It also just makes sense. Realistically if you were to report something stolen, especially a vehicle, it's a bit more of an involved process than it is currently. As it is now, someone types a command (presumably interacts with their phone) and suddenly multiple law enforcement agencies have a license plate to look for. Where at least if the player needs to go to a law enforcement station or interact with a law enforcement officer (taking the concept of Helm's suggestion and allowing LEO's to report vehicles stolen from anywhere) you have the vague notion that the player went and interacted with a law enforcement officer and went through the lengthy process of reporting their vehicle stolen.

We cannot reasonably staff law enforcement stations with staff to take these reports, but it's at least simulated and encourages travel to these locations — where if law enforcement officers are at that moment present there — they can be interacted with, a winning scenario. 

This is a good idea.

Edited by Inked