Quit Gatekeeping County Properties

forty4

4 minutes ago, Zoinks said:

Since this was an issue, I reached out to PM regarding getting more properties in the area, either through modding in new trailers like in Sandy, or creating an apartment block in an unused building. This conversation, at least from my point of view, didn't really get anywhere. 

Well I made a suggestion about a month or so ago and Selena confirmed that they are working on a map mod for Sandy. 

5 minutes ago, Zoinks said:

Imo people have to be the change they want to see and the lack of RP in county may be down to lack of properties but mostly its just a lack of people taking initiative. Live in an RV, make some buddies in the area and then move in with someone, wait for them to sell their place, stay in an RV permanently and make that part of the character. Could even make someone homeless like some people do in the city. Incorporate the limitations into the story and they dont seem like limitations anymore. 

Would love to see more life in the area, there is plenty of good RP around if you take the time to find it though - dont rely on houses and businesses. 

This. County RP has no limits in my eyes, you just have to want to do it, otherwise it's pointless. 

The issue with city folks coming and looking for a 'vacation house' in a meth head city that's full of sand and rotten people makes no sense to me. That's the opposite of a vacation town, yet people come driving fancy cars asking for a place to buy - so that's why county people are so protective of the properties, because there's always at least one or two more guys that are on the waiting list, and they have been roleplaying in the county for weeks, if not months, and they still sleep in an RV or at the motel. Property is not a big issue if you really want to RP in the county - I RPed without a house for a month or so, and then applied through PM and got one, so it's really up to you.

Again, seeing houses in the county going for 3-4mil, simply report them. Seeing anything related to properties that's wrong, simply report them and you've done your job there. 

• Upvote 1

I used to RP in the county a while ago.  The houses are gatekept somewhat, but not really MUCH more than the city.  The main reason is that they want these places to be ALIVE and so to get a house you need to be somewhat known to the county community and that means actively roleplaying and at least be recognised as "someone who actually roleplays in the county".  You don't have to be popular or liked, you can be the hermit who just sits in his yard insulting people.  Just anyone who is actually going to bring life to the area.

So as others recommended, if you have a county character in mind perhaps first have them living in an RV or motel.  Interact with people over a month or so and then you will probably find getting a property a lot easier.

Edited by Paenymion