As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

49 minutes ago, Tammm said:

You don't feel like paying 10k tax a month for extortion to the local criminal organization in your neighborhood? first of all, give it a thought— why don't you wanna pay said tax? Is it for IC reasons or OOC reasons? because in often cases, from my POV, people are bit too egoistic here. they can't take an L in a RP video game.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve been party to good and bad extortion attempts. I don’t take issue when the opportunity presents itself for multiple avenues to be explored. Hell, I had a great time looking the other way and actually receiving some returned RP in the form of friendships and protection. What I do take issue with is the shit portrayal when the local criminal organization comes in expecting to be paid for nothing, just because they exist. That’s just lazy. Does it happen IRL? Sure. But that doesn’t mean it should be a standard here to be lazy and just expect to be paid “or else”. That’s a shit experience all around. It seems to be an accepted practice and often times the civilians end up with the short straw with no recourse.

There are bad apples on both ends but from my experience, many times we have less options than our criminal counterparts. In this day and age with technology, it should be the other way around. This isn’t the Sopranos anymore. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1

NGL, if you're a regular citizen, the only fear of a CK you'll ever really have is if you're punished by an admin for not rping fear in a situation and your character dies, that's literally all there is to do with CK's and regular characters

5 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

why do u act as if gang rpers dont invite the same 4-5 individuals into their faction purely for relationship rp/erp

You invite people you enjoy RPing with into your faction, similar to how legal players stick to the same OOC circles. 

On 5/30/2022 at 10:33 AM, Yoak said:

NGL, if you're a regular citizen, the only fear of a CK you'll ever really have is if you're punished by an admin for not rping fear in a situation and your character dies, that's literally all there is to do with CK's and regular characters

this pretty much sums it up.

as a regular citizen I knew that the only time I’d genuinely get cked is if I didn’t roleplay fear in a situation / did something completely trollish in public that got myself killed 

Considering you're a normative people irl, think about your own fear of death and match it to your character. 

Some of us experienced death irl of a close relative while the some can laugh and not understand a thing about it, yet they'll still fear.

You won't do something that can seriously harm you if you're a normal person, having no death wishes or so. 

I can tell about two characters of mine.

One is a legal faction supervisor, did an aircraft pilot course and  succeed it, he got things to do which is not work and he lives around a safe area in a proper apartment.

As for the next one,

Warning - Self Harm trigger.

Spoiler

The second is a young female, without a proper job. According to her lore, during summer she sleeping on top of roof tops around Vespucci and makes it to the next day, each day. She steals food from LTDs / supermarkets, doesn't walk around with a wallet and barely got herself a phone by someone who worried about her. She often doing stupid stuff, such as riding a bicycle on the middle of the road and rushing into intersection, some parkour of high roof tops and talks with drug dealers around the valleys. 

She know she'll die young, yet she don't want to live - her /examine mentioned she previously cut herself off and had serval attempts, some of them almost succeed.  She already lost most of her hair due to brain trauma, broke an arm and her ribs, went on full psycho and attacked a Police Officer, actually took a bite off him and haven't spoken a single word, just to get a warmer place to stay tho.  

So it's really depends with your understanding off life, and see how things can go for different people according for their past and current issues, either mental or health. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic