As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

4 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I don't have to worry about CKs at all. If my character Stevie Jones gets CK'd or put into prison, I can just have Eddie Lones pick up where Stevie Jones left off. Same crew, same guns, same cars... There's literally nothing stopping me from making carbon copies that demean the value of death. I keep getting to do crime same-day, meanwhile anyone that actually values the life of their characters gets a slap to the face from staff because their two year character got CK'd for telling the cops about how they ended up in a coma.

This is the issue , CK needs to reset the player’s OOC assets,  because their new character should not inherit their previous character  asset. CK doesn’t mean a thing to anyone because people who are ck don’t lose anything , just their name . 

32 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I've been RPing as criminals, civilians, and mixed characters (all of which were a mix of the two as we're all civilians, at the end of the day, with flaws, urges, and personalities) for three years, and either receiving or issuing CKs are minimal, same for negative interactions.

Just R.P. as your character would, and always remember that there's a thousand ways to "Fear RP", just make sure it applies to your character in any given situation.

You have your few bad apples, but all sides can issue amazing RP if conducted properly. 

If you take this above person's advice and run away or do anything that isn't following my instructions to the letter while I'm mugging you, Nayami, I will personally gun you down and file a CK app. You either comply with my demands to the letter, or I won't even blink when you lose all of your character development. 

Comply with my demands, hand over your goods, and don't tell the cops, or it'll be over for you.

• Applaud 2
44 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Comply with my demands, hand over your goods, and don't tell the cops, or it'll be over for you.

The fact that CK’s have been approved for doing exactly what any civilian should do by calling the cops when they are in trouble…. I’ll never understand. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 3
12 hours ago, Armaros said:

correctly roleplay fear of everything that's foreign to you in-character, don't seek out revenge like a Fallout character. criminal characters can be fucking with you for any reason, its just how it is, as long as you dont pull a knife out or a gun out, theres nothing they can do to you 

(extortion, albeit heavily exaggerated in this server, is still a very dodgy thing to avoid IC, you should pay up, because there's nothing else you can do) 

Some guys tried to extort my shop on conti territory. I told conti and the guys were dead a day later. Wasn't a conti member, wasn't taxed, all I did for them was look the other way if something happened nearby. Making friends with criminals can ironically solve your problems.

Additionally, to those claiming there's nothing you can do about extortion... Talk to major crimes bureau IC. There's a lot you can do that won't get you CKed, this is a massive exaggeration. You have to actively fuck with criminals to get CKed by them. Bugging your shop and handing the evidence to major crimes is as passive as it gets.

Assuming they kill you over it, you can report it. IRL criminals spend like 15 years for extortion or so and in a realistic world, they're not gonna come out and immediately go kill the person who put them inside so they can do another 20+ years. It's a deathmatching report and poor portrayal report that writes itself. Victims of crime getting killed by their aggressors post sentence is so uncommon it may as well not happen.

1 hour ago, L I C E said:

Additionally, to those claiming there's nothing you can do about extortion... Talk to major crimes bureau IC. There's a lot you can do that won't get you CKed, this is a massive exaggeration. You have to actively fuck with criminals to get CKed by them. Bugging your shop and handing the evidence to major crimes is as passive as it gets.

Assuming they kill you over it, you can report it. IRL criminals spend like 15 years for extortion or so and in a realistic world, they're not gonna come out and immediately go kill the person who put them inside so they can do another 20+ years. It's a deathmatching report and poor portrayal report that writes itself. Victims of crime getting killed by their aggressors post sentence is so uncommon it may as well not happen.

You are wrong unfortunately, didn't take me all that long to find examples where cooperating with the police even slightly will end up getting your character killed, despite having had the characters for literal OOC years.

There are probably more examples out there, sure they're a few months old and things could have potentially changed by now. But there's still a huge risk factor involved, anyone who truly does not want years of their time wasted by having their character CK'd is best to just take the beating and pay whats asked. Interacting with the police will get you killed, even if you don't actually do something? There have also been instances where rumors and lies ended up getting someone CK'd and because the rumor and lies were properly roleplayed the innocent victim still had to take the L and watched hours upon hours of development go down the drain which is nothing compared to a potential jail sentence for murder or anything else of that nature.

This is not me complaining by the way, just answering the OP's question and giving proper advice.

Edited by Martyn
30 minutes ago, Martyn said:

You are wrong unfortunately, didn't take me all that long to find examples where cooperating with the police even slightly will end up getting your character killed, despite having had the characters for literal OOC years.

There are probably more examples out there, sure they're a few months old and things could have potentially changed by now. But there's still a huge risk factor involved, anyone who truly does not want years of their time wasted by having their character CK'd is best to just take the beating and pay whats asked. Interacting with the police will get you killed, even if you don't actually do something? There have also been instances where rumors and lies ended up getting someone CK'd and because the rumor and lies were properly roleplayed the innocent victim still had to take the L and watched hours upon hours of development go down the drain which is nothing compared to a potential jail sentence for murder or anything else of that nature.

This is not me complaining by the way, just answering the OP's question and giving proper advice.

That's poor portrayal man. in 21st century every criminal group knows, that every extortion of bigger and registered establishment must go through proper legal channels, to make it look legit. Anything beyond that can end within IRS sights and when it comes to taxes IRS shows no mercy to anyone. You can be all powerful god. You will still be taxed by government. 

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

That's poor portrayal man. in 21st century every criminal group knows, that every extortion of bigger and registered establishment must go through proper legal channels, to make it look legit. Anything beyond end can end within IRS sights and when it comes to taxes IRS shows no mercy to anyone. You can be all powerful god. You will still be taxed by government. 

It's allowed by the rules, and is thus, completely fair game. If anyone refuses to pay the extortion demands regardless of how much is being asked, there's very real options to make sure they never want to open a business again.

21 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It's allowed by the rules, and is thus, completely fair game. If anyone refuses to pay the extortion demands regardless of how much is being asked, there's very real options to make sure they never want to open a business again.

As I said, a fantasy world. In that case I wanna keep my 200+ vehicles( I don't have such cars, just an example). Cause why not?

Also simple solution. Don't wanna be extorted? Don't open a business.

Edited by Engelbert
3 hours ago, L I C E said:

they ain just gotta forget u put one of them behind bars tho, and the person likely to get revenge for it wont ever be found and ull just end up dead for a small stack of green

but yeah ur right, becoming friends is the only solution, however a lot of people here are looking for an OOC solution 

• Wuhtah locked this topic