As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

10 minutes ago, Jennie said:

That rule only applies when it's the civ party not rp'ng fear, if the other party dies without rp'ng fear it's not a ck

That’s so contradictory and makes no sense lol. Everyone should be subject to the rule. 

Edited by Brofessor
5 minutes ago, Ski_ said:

Never seen it before, it was always a PK especially if it was a LEO/a legal player getting robbed. 

It's basically an ooc punishment for not putting value on your character's life. It's not applied to all muggings or kidnappings gone wrong where the victim dies, but from what I've seen there's a slight chance the mugger/kidnapper might report the victim for not rping fear properly to get a ck.

12 hours ago, Nyami said:

Okay! This helps a lot! My guy is very much a wimp and would run from almost all dangerous scenarios, so it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem!

If you run away from augging or criminal interaction, you open yourself to a CK. You are required by the rules to obey their every command. If you do not, they can have you CKed.

1 hour ago, El Bandito said:

slight chance the mugger/kidnapper might report the victim for not rping fear properly to get a ck.

People were pulling out guns during a robbery countless times and we never applied for a CK after that person got gunned down, takes weeks if not months and it might not even get accepted.

34 minutes ago, Jennie said:

I've seen many attackers getting killed without CKs, it is, but imagine balancing things.

Honestly, this is really the only community I've come across that enforces CKs so liberally, and for such stupid reasons. What's worse is that it doesn't impact the people it was intended to discourage. 

I don't have to worry about CKs at all. If my character Stevie Jones gets CK'd or put into prison, I can just have Eddie Lones pick up where Stevie Jones left off. Same crew, same guns, same cars... There's literally nothing stopping me from making carbon copies that demean the value of death. I keep getting to do crime same-day, meanwhile anyone that actually values the life of their characters gets a slap to the face from staff because their two year character got CK'd for telling the cops about how they ended up in a coma.

Edited by DasFroggy

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I've been RPing as criminals, civilians, and mixed characters (all of which were a mix of the two as we're all civilians, at the end of the day, with flaws, urges, and personalities) for three years, and either receiving or issuing CKs are minimal, same for negative interactions.

Just R.P. as your character would, and always remember that there's a thousand ways to "Fear RP", just make sure it applies to your character in any given situation.

You have your few bad apples, but all sides can issue amazing RP if conducted properly. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic