As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

don't worry about things like that, you're not your character. being emotionally attached to the character you're playing is pretty counter productive not just for you but also everyone else. sticking to your character and willing to take IC losses without being bothered by it OOCly leaves an unimaginable space for things to happen realistically and gives u more chances for pretty interesting char dev

• Applaud 1
47 minutes ago, damnbrah said:

don't worry about things like that, you're not your character. being emotionally attached to the character you're playing is pretty counter productive not just for you but also everyone else. sticking to your character and willing to take IC losses without being bothered by it OOCly leaves an unimaginable space for things to happen realistically and gives u more chances for pretty interesting char dev

Very easy to say that, but a lot of legal characters live a very long time. Many have over 2000 hours on just ONE character, and it is not unheard of or uncommon for characters to last years with complex relationships and rare assets. While everyone should separate themselves from their character, real life time has value. It is something that has more valuable than any money, or asset you might be able to get back if you made a new character. 

So yes, don't judge people too harshly for being worried that if they invest months of their lives into a character, because of one bad encounter, someone from the outside decided to forcefully wipe your character from existence destroying months or years of your entire legal roleplay life and your ic relationships and stories you are in the process of creating with other people, without you having a single say.

Yes they can do so, yes it is their right, yes it is something I think is a positive on this server because it creates consequences, when and if it happens, you have to pick yourself up and move on.

But is it a valid fear and concern? Very much so.

Edited by Natala
4 minutes ago, Natala said:

But... Isn't that just real life? You could be killed right now if you make the wrong move. LS-RP didn't have force CKs, players who spend years developing their character has no consequence or reason to fear anything. "Oh I'm getting robbed. it's fine it's only $500" then move on. You shouldn't "fear" losing your character if you act and portray your character realistically. People should not have to be worried if they act realistically.

2 minutes ago, Natala said:

Very easy to say that, but a lot of legal characters live a very long time. Many have over 2000 hours on just ONE character, and it is not unheard of or uncommon for characters to last years with complex relationships and rare assets. While everyone should separate themselves from their character, real life time has value. It is something is more valuable than any money, or asset you might be able to get back if you made a new character. 

So yes, don't beat people up for being worried that if they invest months of their lives into a character, because of one bad encounter, someone from the outside decided to forcefully wipe your character from existence destroying your entire legal roleplay life and your ic relationships and stories you are in the process of creating with other people, without your say.

Yes they can do so, yes it is their right, yes it is something I think is a positive on this server, when and if it happens, you have to pick yourself up and move on.

ofc but that's not exactly what i meant, someone attached to their character is going to be pissed oocly if it's time for them to take a L and will try to refute oocly trying to find ways to win. if you're a legal roleplayer and know when to RP fear then u shouldn't really be worried about getting CK'd

6 minutes ago, damnbrah said:

if you're a legal roleplayer and know when to RP fear then u shouldn't really be worried about getting CK'd

I do agree with this. It's why myself and many legal characters I know don't carry a weapon. In an ideal world, this is how it should work. Sometimes people find ways to excuse a CK on a legal character for all sort of reasons because they can, but yes, roleplaying fear, making an effort to avoid dangerous people and situations, not antagonizing criminals and gangs, keeping yourself mostly to "Del Perro, Richman, Morning Wood, Rockford" and similar areas, should be enough for most to feel they are safe in a rule sense.

Edited by Natala
9 hours ago, Nyami said:

Okay! This helps a lot! My guy is very much a wimp and would run from almost all dangerous scenarios, so it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem!

Also if you run when someone has a gun to your head and you get shot after......that's a CK my dude.

• Wuhtah locked this topic