As a regular citizen, how much should I fear Character Kills?

Nyami

What the title says. If I play a regular, non-criminal and non-prominent citizen (like not a cop or a political figure) should I have to worry about being Character Killed? I recall my character being antagonized and beat up badly by two thugs out of pretty much nowhere the last time I played regularly (which was about a year ago?) and since then I have felt a bit worried about permadeath. Should I have to worry about this so much?

9 hours ago, Nyami said:

What the title says. If I play a regular, non-criminal and non-prominent citizen (like not a cop or a political figure) should I have to worry about being Character Killed? I recall my character being antagonized and beat up badly by two thugs out of pretty much nowhere the last time I played regularly (which was about a year ago?) and since then I have felt a bit worried about permadeath. Should I have to worry about this so much?

I'd say if you were a non-criminal and a non-prominent citizen there'd be an extremely low chance of you being CK'ed. However that being said it's not impossible and it depends entirely on how you react to others.

Say if you were being mugged by some criminals at gunpoint and then you yourself pulled out a gun whilst that was happening, then yes you'd be liable for a CK for not showing fear and you likely would be CK'ed if gunned down afterwards.

Edited by El Bandito
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Rare, I’d like to think most civilians experience a character kill via self inflicted scenarios, whether it’s roleplaying death at a car accident, suicide, the sort.

There are scenarios where people’s ego can get their character killed permanently though, trying to be a hero during a robbery, in which case, the criminal player may pursue a character kill out of frustration.

Your character may be antagonized in a wide variety of things, often with the sole intend of asset grabs. If those very people end up getting the short end of the stick, they will be sure to override that "loss" or push for a CK on your character should you not have cowerer in the corner crying their heart out when they came around for the 5th armed robbery on your porch for your 50 bucks and an old Nokia phone. Or any action that may take their kind of fun away, like the epidemic issues of businesses burnt and business owners getting hit with CK applications because they would not want to pay extortion to Johnny McFuckface that walked into store demanding protection money to then never show again. But if you are fine with being prey and punching bag of the criminal side of things or stick to a closed off circle of people to roleplay with you should be fine, or at least not be outright CKed. 🙂

Good old civilian RP, welcome to world of being punching bag of legal and criminal RPers. You will get to enjoy all kinds of RP forced on you, you wanted it or not. Just keep on taking that beating and you wont have to worry about CKs. Long as you dont initiate the escalation, most that you have to worry is a PK.

You will also learn to embrace getting PKed, its the great equalizer. You get to pop back up and move on with your own RP, without the annoyances of the RPers that PKed you.

31 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Or any action that may take their kind of fun away, like the epidemic issues of businesses burnt and business owners getting hit with CK applications because they would not want to pay extortion to Johnny McFuckface that walked into store demanding protection money to then never show again. 

It always puts a smile on my face when I think of criminals going to try extort a cat maid cafe. (True story)

Edited by Lindsie

correctly roleplay fear of everything that's foreign to you in-character, don't seek out revenge like a Fallout character. criminal characters can be fucking with you for any reason, its just how it is, as long as you dont pull a knife out or a gun out, theres nothing they can do to you 

(extortion, albeit heavily exaggerated in this server, is still a very dodgy thing to avoid IC, you should pay up, because there's nothing else you can do) 

Edited by Armaros
16 minutes ago, Armaros said:

(extortion, albeit heavily exaggerated in this server, is still a very dodgy thing to avoid IC, you should pay up, because there's nothing else you can do) 

It’s times like these I wish there was a downvote button. Nothing civilians like more than being a literal punching bag.

People wonder why there’s a lack of public businesses? This is one of the major reasons why, when you think civilians only exist to appease you and if they don’t roll over and do everything you say, it’s automatically non-fear CK. Ridiculous. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 5
56 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

It’s times like these I wish there was a downvote button. Nothing civilians like more than being a literal punching bag.

People wonder why there’s a lack of public businesses? This is one of the major reasons why, when you think civilians only exist to appease you and if they don’t roll over and do everything you say, it’s automatically non-fear CK. Ridiculous. 

There's many public businesses. And many of them thrive and do well. Complaining about horrendous tax rp on the forum isn't the way to solve things. How would you even fix such a concept of rp? 

• Wuhtah locked this topic