Upload past interior xmls

Fenris

Essentially we can currently export property interiors to be used in menyoo and the like. This suggestion is to simply allow businesses to upload past XML's they've downloaded to be reused. This is perfect especially event organisers who have spent hours and hours on mapping an interior and have to constantly remap to fit around events. Not only will it help businesses flourish by being more effective and being able to host multiple events but it'll save headaches as well.

This can potentially be done via UCP or the new property menu.  Just simply import the file we get from the UCP when exporting. Maybe you need to input coordinates for the entrance and exit but that's about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, ChickenOffSky said:

As someone who has remapped Fantasia HUNDREDS of times I can get behind this 100%

Exactly, means no more having to have days in between events that have a common theme. Simply reupload an old interior, make adjustments, done. Will only help RP flourish and keep people motivated to run these sort of businesses.

10 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Stuff like this was already denied 100s of times..Uploading xmls is a huge security risk.

Perhaps the XMLs could be "approved" by an admin/dev before they're allowed to be used, and can then be used over and over once approved.

afaik this used to be a thing when Pascal made a system for it long ago, that also put any new furniture not in the server but part of the game to the furniture menus for everyone to use. I don't know why this is no longer a thing, might've been removed because of vulnerabilities indeed. However, if the server can save interiors so you can save and load on the server, and have no client interaction in it, it would work. That would mean no uploading of files from clients.

Edited by Triple Seven
typo