Remove HP Bonus from Drugs & Instead add purchaseable Body Armor

Rekhoem

Detailed Description

I've been sent a video earlier today and in it saw that someone pumped themselves into 200HP, presumably through drugs. Upon asking further, I found out that drug-induced HP Bonuses are still a thing, which frankly, I find unbelievable. Not only are they utterly unrealistic, but also form nothing more than a PVP-Meta with, as far as I know, no drawbacks other than an addiction meter going up and some text appearing in your /examine. 

I'd like to propose the removal of this. You may claim that this'd kill the drug economy, but really - you guys also buy alcohol and it doesn't give you any gameplay bonusses. If you want to RP drugs, RP drugs. Buy them for your roleplay, not for them sicc pvp stats. That's not roleplay.

At the same time, I'd like to propose a replacement for the HP Bonus mechanic - Body Armor. Which should work similiar to how body armor works for LEO-Factions. Rounds hit your torso, it gets deducted from your armor pool instead of your HP pool. This'd be an equippable script purchaseable at Ammu-Nations and Illegal Faction Suppliers. 
I'd also like to propose damaged versions - where, if you unequip your body armor after it has been hit but your armor pool not having been fully depleted, it gives you a damaged version at reduced effectiveness instead of just poofing into thin air.

Now I know - Body Armor Tiers actually work different, it's an entire thing with calibers, soft armor, hard armor, etc. etc. etc. but there is only so much we can do in a video game, so imho this is the best we can do right now.

Relevant Commands/Items

Body Armor Tier I - 33% Armor
Body Armor Tier II - 66% Armor
Body Armor Tier III - 100% Armor
/equiparmor - /unequiparmor
Damaged Body Armor Tier I - 17% Armor
Damaged Body Armor Tier II - 33% Armor
Damaged Body Armor Tier III - 50% Armor

EDIT - Alternative to the body armor, just a blanket armor for PF-Holders that puts you to 50% of the available armor tool. ( @thekillergreece)

How will it benefit the server?

No more 200HP-Cocaine-Heads who are at the same time somehow immune to all the negative effects of drugs, body armor accessible to legal civilian players who deem it fitting to their roleplay, more realistic RP around drugs, more realistic RP around combat preparations.

Edited by Rekhoem
  • Upvote 1

I do not agree with how the body armor system is explained. However the drugs? Yes, there is absolutely no reason for them to have health boosts. Everyone complains about the little things in the name of making this server a better place to roleplay and realistic, yet, we have substances who realistically would do you no good, yet in this server it's almost like "healthy" to consume drugs, since they indeed boost your HP.

• Applaud 1

I think the body armor is a bad idea, especially if it would be available to... anyone. If anything, I would make it 50% body armor but only to PF/CCW holders.

As for drugs, absolutely. You do not need RPG-style health buffs to make drug roleplay. 125HP should be the very max anyone should get. Drugs should be purely made for Roleplay purposes, not RPG-purposes aka, get X drugs to increase your health points permanently(?) to 200HP as shown in the video. Alternatively, you could shorten the withdrawal from 3(?) hours to 20-30 minutes regardless of tolerance(?). I have no idea how the drugs work to full extend but that's all I have been told.

From my experience, it has become a common occurence where some criminals / illegal roleplayers merely consume a number of narcotics with the sole purpose to increase their OOC health from 100 to 200 just to get into shootouts with rival gangs or even the police. This, in my opinion, promotes deathmatching mindset instead of roleplay. Would you consume narcotics if they did not provide health buff? Nobody knows.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

good suggestion (to remove drug hp bonuses) but an admin will simply respond with

"we will not be considering this but if someone abuses the drug hp boost specifically before a fight then report them as its powergaming"

back to the usual system of just report lol 😄

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
24 minutes ago, joshua said:

good suggestion (to remove drug hp bonuses) but an admin will simply respond with

"we will not be considering this but if someone abuses the drug hp boost specifically before a fight then report them as its powergaming"

back to the usual system of just report lol 😄