[SAGOV] Official Press Release: Fireside Chats Episode 2: The Magnificent Month of June

VCv0boX.png

State of San Andreas
Official Press Release

From the desk of Esme Sheikh-Wade, Director of Strategic Communications and Outreach:

For Immediate Release to the General Public:

OtG536V.png

Fireside Chats 

Ep. 2 - The Magnificent Month of June

COLLABORATION BETWEEN

SAN ANDREAS STATE GOVERNMENT

AND LOS SANTOS NEWS NETWORK

May 22nd, 2022: Episode two of the Fireside Chats began with the Secretary of State, Noah Wade, publicly congratulating the newly elected and the re-elected Senators. He proceeded to speak about the month of June, stating that he has been collaborating with Senators from both caucuses to "establish resolutions that recognize widely known celebrations for the month of June", dubbing it "The Magnificent Month of June". Later on in the episode, he further expressed his concerns about the recent issues arising at the ports, addressing the Port Authority, and liaising with Port Director Hank Preston about making amendments to the San Andreas Port Authority Act to further equip and empower the department.

(Transcript of EP.2 - The Magnificent Month of June) 

[Noah Wade]

San Andreas, hello again! 

This is your Secretary of State speaking, Noah Wade. Welcome back to another broadcast of Fireside Chats. 

These last few weeks have been quite the eventful bunch.

We saw an interesting shift in our State senate, breaking the recent historical tie between Republicans and Democrats, shifting to a red majority.

In no particular order, I’d like to congratulate publicly, our newly elected and re-elected Senators. 

Adrian Rossi, Diana Jones, Rudy Benson, Jackie Lu, Bob Williams, Tucker Meier, Scarlet Summers, Andrew Brandenburg and Joshua Shepherd.

Congratulations Senators, make your constituents and your state proud!

I’ve spoken directly with a few senators, to establish resolutions that recognize widely known celebrations for the month of June in a campaign of mine that I’d like to call “The Magnificent Month of June.”

Particularly  in the category of festivities, I’d love to see more national, community-focused events to be recognized. One’s we can come to appreciate right here in San Andreas and Los Santos.

I’ve made a few suggestions to our senators for celebrations to recognize, Country Cooking, PTSD Awareness, Workplace Safety and even to the extent of further recognizing our Asian-American community.

All of these ideas I’ve pitched to law makers and others in my office have seen a wide range of support, you’ll see more to come in local news as these initiatives kick off!

Over the course of the last few months, our very own Port Authority has hit a variety of issues and brick walls that have begun to trouble businesses at the Port of Los Santos. 

Citizens and businesses have begun to suffer due to the lack of, well-.. Protection that the Port Authority can provide. 

A surge in Grand Theft Auto, vehicle fleets from companies going missing or being sold on the black market for parts, harassment, trespassing and so on. 

Director Preston has come to me many a time regarding these issues and has begun work on amendments to the San Andreas Port Authority Act.

He’s informed me these amendments will allow for greater powers to deter and remove trespassers from the port, better oversight and the end result of becoming better equipped for crime prevention. 

Director Preston told me directly that quote

“Citizens and companies working at the port need us now more than ever, I see it as my duty to ensure their protection and productivity to the fullest extent that the law permits us.”

I wish Director Preston the very best in his campaign to amend the law, and I hope to see that hard working men and women at the Port of Los Santos suffer no more.

5yHwzO3.png

We would like to thank LSNN for collaborating with the San Andreas Government to help make this show possible.

Notes::

All current and future media inquiries may be directed to the office of Strategic Communications and Outreach at [email protected]. All information contained within this press release is recorded and archived by the State of San Andreas, and can be retrieved via official request. Author Esme Sheikh-Wade is reachable at [email protected] for any inquiry.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

Username: longsocks

Comment: literally make them port police wtf, how are they supposed to enforce law otherwise. every goddamn state except ours for some ridiculous reason has port police. hello, port authority new york??? Port AUTHORITY it's in the name because they're COPS