Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

25 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

What people don't see or tend to forget about is, that everything on server is kind of a parody of itself. From traffic to schoolyards. High school might make sense, but everything Alyssa pointed out, will be prevalent, because people log in to have fun, not to roleplay school. I never said, don't do it. I only say it will be Davis LTD 2.1.3

I agree, it absolutely will be. That's why I think ultimately, the project will fizzle out without proper management and control when people realise it's exactly that, another Davis LTD

21 hours ago, Pogis said:

Last time we tried something like this was with the B.J. Smith Center in Rancho. It was a community center for the locals, we planned to offer them all sorts of activities and classes, all kinds of stuff like that. What we got instead was our staff got beaten up / robbed every single time they opened because the locals are not interested in anything like that, because every 15-16 year old is a gangbanger and only gangbanger and going to school makes them look weak.

So THAT'S why they don't open... hmm... I was FOR Davis Highschool until I read this.

EDIT: If people seriously want some serious passive R.P.? Re-open BJ Smith Park's Rec. Center to test if the mentality of Davis has changed. From there, we will determine whether the server's ready to dedicate it's resources on a high-school. BJ Smith Park's Rec. Center is already mapped out. So, let's do it.

Edited by DLimit
  • Applaud 1
8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

So THAT'S why they don't open... hmm... I was FOR Davis Highschool until I read this.

EDIT: If people seriously want some serious passive R.P.? Re-open BJ Smith Park's Rec. Center to test if the mentality of Davis has changed. From there, we will determine whether the server's ready to dedicate it's resources on a high-school. BJ Smith Park's Rec. Center is already mapped out. So, let's do it.

As much as we've disagreed on shit in the past, this is not a bad idea at all tbh. Re-test the waters, see if people are actually serious about wanting something like this, to see how players react to it or if it's just the same old.

• Upvote 2

If this ends up happening I expect the government to give those teachers the security need.

I'm talking about Bearcats like LSPD & LSSD, assault rifles, A-10 thunderbolt close air support, and train them in CQC and BTI.

Jokes aside, good idea but hard to implement. I think what @DLimit suggests would be way better, reopen BJ Smith.

23 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Applaud 1
55 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Remember scriptly, you can only be in a single faction and so gang players would need to drop their gang faction to join the high school faction if this course was taken.

We've had this problem when trying to run student internships and have our members join LSFD Lifeguards etc.

I made this suggestion, which Nervous approved according to @St3fan[NL] but they never got to work on it, it looks like. Must be hard to do with the current script.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Would be cool to see BJ SMith open but what in the fuck would people do there, you would miss out on 70% of the gang population  😭

The reason I say this this is because you wouldn’t get any of the crip factions or Hoover factions over at the center interacting because in chatavter the turf is riddled with bloods, so the crip and Hoover factions would just avoid the area entirely. As well as any of the factions that end up beefing with another in chamberlain, if anything reopening BJ Smith would be closer to Davis 2.1.2 then a highschool.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, hentai! said:

Even if the media gets on our asses, who cares?

Rockstar cares. 

Other communities and roleplay setups have been shut down for far less. Rockstar sure as hell wouldn't appreciate seeing their game being repurposed as a Columbine Simulator while simultaneously drawing a profit via donations.

I'd rather avoid the mess entirely. No guns remotely near the school, or no high school at all.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

Rockstar cares. 

Other communities and roleplay setups have been shut down for far less. Rockstar sure as hell wouldn't appreciate seeing their game being repurposed as a Columbine Simulator while simultaneously drawing a profit via donations.

I'd rather avoid the mess entirely. No guns remotely near the school, or no high school at all.

I'm usually an advocate for less PG'ness on the server, but this seems like the only solution. Anyone who even CARRIES a weapon near the school should already be punished.

10 hours ago, ZaE said:

give it a 

CHANCE

No. This isn't about chance. This is about effort.

This comes up every few months. However, the people who voice their support in threads like these are never around when the work needs to be done to make these ideas a success. Posting on the forums is one thing, making some ideas a reality is another. Do you really want this to happen? Then make it happen, get a group of people together and organize this. PM, LFM, IFM, or whoever aren't going to shut down a good idea if you prepare things properly. So instead of complaining on the forums that not everyone agrees with your views, go do something meaninful to turn this idea into actual roleplay.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

PM, LFM, IFM, or whoever aren't going to shut down a good idea if you prepare things properly.

😐🧢

like I said if this idea comes to fruition I would help, it isn’t about effort it LFM never allows it, this isn’t something that can be done without them, it’s about effort, yes. But it’s also about a chance and effort, if this was to get started then I would beg for an invite off the bat, even bj smith thing I would beg to do, but I personally won’t start it on my own, id love to begin this idea with some of the supporters and OP, so long as LFM approves

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic