Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

1 minute ago, Natala said:

School shootings can easily be handled by making the same rule they have for ULSA apply for a Davis High School.

Restricted Crime Zones are as follows:

• the University of San Andreas, Los Santos (ULSA) & Richman Hotel;

Note: These areas only restrict muggings or kidnappings without prior admin approval via /report, IC justification is required and will be asked for. Some areas require a lot more justification than others. Players who are discreet and creative are a lot more likely to be able to do more crime in Restricted Crime Zones. The intent of the rule is to prevent blatantly obvious crime from occurring on a regular basis. Players are also more likely to receive permission if they are open to facing additional consequences such as allowing investigators to have CCTV footage of the incident occurring despite no cameras being scripted.

I don't think making it a restricted crime zone with IC justification is appropriate. There should be a complete blanket ban on anyone attempting it, otherwise you'll try to have someone trying to justify a school shooting...no thank you.

2 minutes ago, Natala said:

School shootings can easily be handled by making the same rule they have for ULSA apply for a Davis High School.

Restricted Crime Zones are as follows:

• the University of San Andreas, Los Santos (ULSA) & Richman Hotel;

Note: These areas only restrict muggings or kidnappings without prior admin approval via /report, IC justification is required and will be asked for. Some areas require a lot more justification than others. Players who are discreet and creative are a lot more likely to be able to do more crime in Restricted Crime Zones. The intent of the rule is to prevent blatantly obvious crime from occurring on a regular basis. Players are also more likely to receive permission if they are open to facing additional consequences such as allowing investigators to have CCTV footage of the incident occurring despite no cameras being scripted.

81644940e1622d7f4e073adf7705d68e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Westen said:

you'll try to have someone trying to justify a school shooting

NOBODY IS GOING TO JUSTIFY A SCHOOL SHOOTING, IF THEY DO THEY SHOULD GET BOOTED, EVERYONE GETS BANNED FOR PREFORMING THEM BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING SICK. 

Sorry, lemme calm down and speak intelligently.

This one and only critique that 90% of you are trying to use to throw this project in the dirt can be so easily avoided IC and OOC, just don't allow guns near the school during schooling hours, shootings around school areas happen ALLLLL THE TIME late at night, not directly on the turf of the school of course, but there is ALWAYS been people getting shot around and near schools after the hours, that's just how life is, but if LFM and IFM don't want ANY FORM OF SHOOTING ANYWHERE NEAR THE SCHOOL NO MATTER THE TIME? I can understand that and fully support this, avoid this "SCHOOL SHOOTING" shit, just don't allow guns near the school when roleplay is active inside of it, and if someone does bring a gun ANYWHEREEE CLOSE TO THE SCHOOL, ban them in MILISECONDS.

This can be backed up IC with metal detectors at the front of the school and security, it happens all the time in low poverty schools IRL, so it can be explained IC.

Long story short, the original poster and me have both spoke and he has ZERO PLANS to allow guns near the school, and he has ZERO PLANS to allow a fucking school shooting. There is a lot of effort going into this with legal and illegal roleplayers all planned to be involved, this has a very good chance but jesus this "SCHOOL SHOOTING!" point has already been debunked, a solution and way to avoid it has been found and you guys are still trying to use it to avoid this project from happening.

Edited by ZaE
8 minutes ago, Westen said:

I don't think making it a restricted crime zone with IC justification is appropriate. There should be a complete blanket ban on anyone attempting it, otherwise you'll try to have someone trying to justify a school shooting...no thank you.

No Admin would approve School shootings, if that was requested. However there are other types of violence that might make realistic sense because of the location, from muggins, to beat downs, or even gun violence on an individual, if the players involve can justify their ic reasons for it and with the Admin approving.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, ZaE said:

NOBODY IS GOING TO JUSTIFY A SCHOOL SHOOTING, IF THEY DO THEY SHOULD GET BOOTED, EVERYONE GETS BANNED FOR PREFORMING THEM BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING SICK. 

(...)

you guys are still trying to use it to avoid this project from happening.

Nobody should try to justify a school shooting, but with some of the personalities in this community, if you leave it as an option someone will try to do it.

I'm not trying to use it to stop the project from happening, I think it's a very interesting concept and I'm glad this problem has been tackled early so that server admins / IFM / LFM can help you guys with putting the necessary measures in place.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Westen said:

Nobody should try to justify a school shooting, but with some of the personalities in this community, if you leave it as an option someone will try to do it.

And those weirdos should get eliminated

School shootings historically are already against server rules, because they’re covered under death match rules. They’ve always been voided when people try them at ULSA. 

It’s a bit more complicated with a school in gangland because there maybe legitimate prior rp between two characters that warrants sufficient escalation to a shooting - so for that reason I think an OOC specific rule to prevent shootings on any school campus is probably a good idea & just codify it specifically, once and for all.

I also want to give some recognition to IFL’s because those guys have never tolerated this kind of thing & are very quick to help and ensure there members don’t do anything like this.

Its completely unfair to tar all people playing gang(M), with the same brush - some of them are terrific characters.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 2
18 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Rockstar cares. 

Other communities and roleplay setups have been shut down for far less. Rockstar sure as hell wouldn't appreciate seeing their game being repurposed as a Columbine Simulator while simultaneously drawing a profit via donations.

I'd rather avoid the mess entirely. No guns remotely near the school, or no high school at all.

Nah... Rockstar doesn't care about shit but earning a buck from GTA Online.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic