Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

I believe this could work out. Just have high restrictions and rules upon it ICly and on an OOC level. It should be an application process for you to get put into the school like IRL, unless it's a public feeder school your trying to request. But still, even so, it's still an application process needed. So all the people interested in roleplaying school RP will be minors, so on an OOC level NPC your parents and do the application like how your parents would do it, etc.

Just giving an idea of what I mean by setting a realistic tone behind it and its regulations, it should have. A lot should get the point I'm setting.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate everyone's feedback so far. This has been very useful. I also appreciate everyone for keeping it civil for the most part (I have reported several comments for trying to get a reaction out of each other in hopes of derailing and getting this thread closed down. Not cool on those who did that). Let me leave a few points here with those who are interested in this sort of project:

- This would be an opportunity for us to connect the legal and illegal community. I understand that at its core, there is a staunch hatred towards one another, stereotyping each others' roleplay standards based on a silly one-off situation you may have had a year ago with some John Doe. This background noise can be (with work and dedication) rectified through collaboration with each other. Having roleplayed in Davis on my alt character a few times, I am fairly convinced it isn't 24/7 shootings and "ayo ma" as many make it out to be. I've met ample players who take their roleplay seriously and put time and effort into it. With some collaboration, we can make projects works flawlessly, such as high school RP or B.J. Center, or you name it. The way I see it is that my job as a legal faction leader is to create roleplay for all - not just the select 50 that are in the faction script-wise. And needless to say, "all" includes our friends from the illegal community. We've had projects similar to this in the past, but they were shut down due to weak management. Now we are stuck in a vortex where illegal and legal players alike, point fingers at one another and each other "(M) e-thug" and "mallrat" over the pettiest of things. 

- This would not lower the standards in Davis. I saw a comment somewhere far up that mentioned how middle-class citizens are going to attend from Rockford and so on. I can assure you this would not be the case, unless it makes absolute sense. The leadership team presiding over the project will have to gauge those instances on a case-by-case basis to ensure the quality of roleplay remains high. Which brings me to my next point.

- A strong leadership team will have to be established. Without experienced community members, we will not succeed in creating an enjoyable experience for all of us to enjoy. The way I envision this, the leadership should consist of at least: RPQM representative, LFM representative, IFM representative, illegal faction leaders that wish to send their members off to the school, government faction leaders that wish to oversee the development of this project. Without a stable team, this would not get anywhere.

- School shooting will have to be banned. This isn't even about catching a case outside of GTA:W. It's common sense. The same way you do not see airplanes being flown into Maze Bank towers, you will not see Columbine re-enactment. This is a simple case.

- Classes will have to be sorted out one way or another. I've seen the argument being thrown around that this won't work because it'd need to be active during 8am-4pm. In real life, sure. But this is a video game. Real life, you don't go to college at 10 or 11pm either, so this point is completely irrelevant. We have looked past this limitation before, I'm sure the community won't have issues doing so again.

- Without double-faction script support, this will not be a scripted faction. That is also done to prevent students from being stuck in a no-corruption policy where they cannot even think of doing anything illegal. This is a heavy contrast in comparison to ULSA, where the whole concept is shaped after UCLA, a leading national college. We are talking about Bullworth Academy here. There are definitely workarounds, but leave those to the IC paper-pushers. 

- I'd personally like to explore other venues where we can bond together as a community, legal and illegal alike. I'll reach out to @Pogis to find ways of reopening the B.J Center in South LS, with appropriate measures being taken this time. But in the meantime, I'd like to hear more opinions on this concept, and/or voice your different ideas publicly or privately. 

Those who would like to personally contribute to this project super-early on, feel free to reach out to me here on forum, or on Discord at H04X#1419. It's time to end this era of hostility, and begin a new chapter where we can coexist without babyraging every five minutes.

Edited by H04X
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, H04X said:

- Without double-faction script support, this will not be a scripted faction. That is also done to prevent students from being stuck in a no-corruption policy where they cannot even think of doing anything illegal. 

The workaround we've found for this, in order to facilitate external agencies having access to our facilities is blank business scripts. This would be your solution here. Every building of the school should have a blank business script attached so you can "hire" your students and teachers and other staff, allowing them building access without the faction requirement. And, in this manner, it will be possible to also facilitate recruitment from other already established factions.

Of course, it goes without saying that ANYTHING ULSA can do to help with this, either IC or OOC, we'll be more than glad to! Just let us know!

It obviously need a rule banning school shooting as H04X stated, metal detectors upon entering the school, IC application process (which should be NPC’d by parents), and safezone/security to prevent shootings on or outside of campus during IC school hours.

To add on idc how many clips you post about a student knocking out a teacher none of that stuff should occur commonly I’m not saying act like some private school but its common sense even gang members are cool with certain teachers or dont fuck with them to a point of skipping their class.

As for people from other areas like Rockford coming to a South Central high school they could easily attend through a magnet program like performance arts, visual arts, and emerging computer technology, hell even through a sports program ideas are endless.

1 minute ago, PrinceCane said:

To add on idc how many clips you post about a student knocking out a teacher none of that stuff should occur commonly I’m not saying act like some private school but its common sense even gang members are cool with certain teachers or dont fuck with them to a point of skipping their class.

As for people from other areas like Rockford coming to a South Central high school they could easily attend through a magnet program like performance arts, visual arts, and emerging computer technology, hell even through a sports program ideas are endless.

As a filthy davis roleplayer, I agree!

School shootings can easily be handled by making the same rule they have for ULSA apply for a Davis High School.

Restricted Crime Zones are as follows:

• the University of San Andreas, Los Santos (ULSA) & Richman Hotel;

Note: These areas only restrict muggings or kidnappings without prior admin approval via /report, IC justification is required and will be asked for. Some areas require a lot more justification than others. Players who are discreet and creative are a lot more likely to be able to do more crime in Restricted Crime Zones. The intent of the rule is to prevent blatantly obvious crime from occurring on a regular basis. Players are also more likely to receive permission if they are open to facing additional consequences such as allowing investigators to have CCTV footage of the incident occurring despite no cameras being scripted.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic