Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

2 hours ago, damnbrah said:

the people saying that this isn't needed be the same ones applying for yet another stripclub lease smh

2 hours ago, Pogis said:

What we got instead was our staff got beaten up / robbed every single time they opened because the locals are not interested in anything like that, because every 15-16 year old is a gangbanger and only gangbanger and going to school makes them look weak.

wouldnt happen now lol, that was a cool minute ago. 

yall complain abt davis being a dm fest but everytime ppl try n do something passive for it you strike it down, seems like yall more so want these weirdos that are straight up pedophiles to stay on the server and rather just avoid them being exposed, or you just want davis rp to continue to "suck" in your eyes so you have something to shyt on. you want illegal rp to get better? give it a chance to thrive and stop downplaying it with everything these folk try to suggest. 

davis highschool would 100% work so long as the legal rpers and illegal rpers within it are allied and not fighting against each other, which is most likely what is going to happen. 

davis rp has bad apples, ktown rp has bad apples, hawick rp has bad apples, every part of this server has bad apples....but give people a CHANCE to do something cool before bitching and moaning about what you think will and wont happen.

and before i wake up from this nap to "YOUR POST WAS QUOTED BY [BLANK]" five hundred times.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 4

Set it up so that any weapons at all literally self-delete when theyre taken within a block of being able to see the school, and it'll have my support.

GTAW has a slew of problems already. Appearing on Rockstar's radar because someone with a grudge against us over a ban or something decided to leak this new high school setup as a "Modern Columbine Simulator" to the already pretty rabid press... It would get GTAW shut down faster than a loose high value coupon in a freak tornado storm touching down in the middle of a suburban shopping lot.

Anyone who says "iT wOn'T LoOk sO bAd" are literally delusional. The sight of someone going through a school environment shooting people by the truckload will look even worse to the uninformed masses, because they're not watching the news for an informed opinion these days. They're watching for their daily blood pressure spike and an excuse to feel like they're better than the "other side". Heaven help us if anyone points out that the dead bodies with (M) next to their names are supposed to be Children...

So yeah, we need to have an absolute zero chance of someone having any possible means of shooting at, much less INSIDE the school. Either weapons cease to exist before the school is even visible, or we just don't have a high school.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 2

If you got volunteers to run the school and have willing people to RP there, I'd say you should at least give it a try. Worst case scenario, some not-really-unexpected stuff happens and it just gets closed. 

14 hours ago, sCrax said:

It won't work unless there is heavy admin supervision present during every class, etc. The amount of childish trollers this community has makes this kind of RP impossible.

Lmaooo just make Kareem a teacher

18 hours ago, ZaE said:

needs to be a thing, just have extremely heavy moderation.

extremely

to add on; the community doesn't need to be limited from having certain things that can enhance roleplay just because of weirdos in the community, just ban the fucking weirdo creeps and let the community have SOMETHING they've been asking for. If there is a team behind this and they are moderated and also moderate what goes on in the school OOCly w/o metagame, and make sure to eliminate people beings straight up PEDOPHILES and CREEPS, which shouldn't be hard in my opinion, then this would go fine.

People might say "it's just gonna be a dm fest with illegal on legal!" poor escalation will happen, yes. and those people should be banned for that. but you can take many things IC like brawls, fights, jumpins and even the dangerousness of the community around, have the school armed with secruity that metadetects students and all types of shit, make it a miserable, ran-down and broke school, like how davis is.

Often we are limited in this community from doing / having things because of bad apples, whom can easily be banned, it gets quite exhausting. I would roleplay a faculty member of this shit in a HEART BEAT if it provided more roleplay and a closer connection between legal and illegal roleplayers, whom hopefully can come to terms and shake hands for once just to enjoy something together. This would enhance Davis Roleplay greatly, and the people who really care about it would roleplay this to the fullest, and since a good sum of legal roleplayers love to say Davis RP is the second spawn of satan, perhaps this could "better" it and enchance the community aspect, as that is what Davis lacks.

Dont give them rp ideas 🤮

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Anyone who says "iT wOn'T LoOk sO bAd" are literally delusional. The sight of someone going through a school environment shooting people by the truckload will look even worse to the uninformed masses, because they're not watching the news for an informed opinion these days. They're watching for their daily blood pressure spike and an excuse to feel like they're better than the "other side". Heaven help us if anyone points out that the dead bodies with (M) next to their names are supposed to be Children...

Even if the media gets on our asses, who cares? Video games, especially roleplaying games have been stigmatized and shat on for decades now, be it by the most generic news outlets to some niche newspapers that nobody reads.

I am sick and tired of this server being so politically correct and catering to the most normie audiences. I don't have anything against "normies", just using the term to describe someone who is generic, not that it is a bad thing. I want to roleplay in a realistic setting, if that implies that a school shooting is going to happen, then that's just what happens in the USA. Since we are a roleplay server we should do what we can do deter people from having these kind of ideas, but if there is proper development, proper escalation and proper preparation that leads to something like this happening, then who cares?

This would most likely be punished by administrators anyways for being mass-DM, therefore I don't get why we are worried about school shootings happening.

My point still stands - who, cares? We would get shit from the media if people weren't so afraid to speak out loudly that they roleplay cute girls on GTA in their free time, but nobody does that. Most people keep it low key because they think it's a loser thing, and that's okay, because we don't get attention from the media.

Fuck media outlets, fuck social media, fuck anyone who dares step in here to tell me that what I am roleplaying is incorrect and sickening because something bad happened. I am NOT IMPLYING THAT I WOULD WANT TO roleplay a school shooting or anything else that is such a touchy subject to some people, I'm just saying this is LITERALLY JUST A GAME and anyone who takes it out to the real world to complain about how fucked up it is should go outside, touch grass and DEFINITELY get laid. This is entertainment like anything else, this does not have to be a politically correct thing. It can be brutal, thought-provoking and that is what makes it enjoyable.

If this server was not so PC, we would get more action that is actual roleplay. Because people are scared or lured away from anything even remotely politically incorrect, they resort to gunfights, brawls and e-sex for fun instead. Shit that gives you absolutely zero development in many cases. I am not saying that your roleplay has to be politically incorrect and offensive to be fun, but I am saying that shit like this is what occasionally makes things fun. And once again, shit like this happening in a fictional world could be interesting to see. I am not speaking about IRL because that's obviously rather wrong and sad, but we don't need to talk about that now. And let's not talk about that now because there is absolutely no need to derail the topic.

This is the single worst thing about this server - us being a community of losers, weirdos and niche roleplayers who want to have fun and don't give a shit about anything being offensive constantly getting silenced or outspoken by some "normies" who have never touched a roleplaying game before and are genuinely terrified of what could happen, in a FICTIONAL WORLD. It is almost ironic. These people come to us, join our GTA communities and then they're acting soooo fucking surprised that this isn't SIMS 4 roleplay in some utopian environment where crime does not happen.

Everyone, this is not an attack on people, if any of these sentences come off as an attack, I just want to state that this is indeed not an attack on anyone. This is just me letting my frustrations out because like I said, I hate the fact that this server is going to shit because it wants to be so politically correct. And then you can't have nice things because something bad might potentially happen. I bet my ass everyone else is as fed up with this as me.

Please let this become a thing and if shit happens, ban people who caused it. I agree that school shootings should be heavily moderated or not happen at all because it's mass DM at the end of the day, but let's also take a moment here to consider where the hell this server is going. If we can't even have a high school to roleplay in because people are scared of it turning into a shitfest, something is either seriously wrong or people don't know what roleplay server they signed up for.

• Upvote 2

Would love to see this. Just for the love of god, no open door policy. Applications and quality control, or you're gonna burn yourself out in a week dealing with people trying to be 'funny' or 'hard' in front of their teachers 24/7. Guarantee it.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic