Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

As things stand I can't imagine anything worse than all the (M's) being under one roof in an enclosed space without very tight quality control. But perhaps the only way I see this working right now, just perhaps if it was under the banner of the university as a subfaction as a means of controlling the quality of roleplay somewhat, then players could progress into the university system once they finish at the school. It'd give the education system more of a purpose imo. Any other way is going to be far too much work and too many headaches. It just wouldn't work out.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1

I think it's a good idea. It will implement more passive roleplay and give more development for the characters. There obviously needs to be rules and requirements introduced, to filter the players with other motives. Not everyone who roleplays in Davis or a minor is a threat to the server, give them a chance to redeem themselves and the culture before shutting it down. 

• Upvote 2

the people saying that this isn't needed be the same ones applying for yet another stripclub lease smh y'all lame bro
everyone cries about the "bad rp" in davis but if someone wants to bring a change y'all still being in denial
if y'all not interested in anything davis related then just stfu, respectfully

+1, like said above just ban the weirdos and dont just give them a 30 min ajail

• Upvote 6

Last time we tried something like this was with the B.J. Smith Center in Rancho. It was a community center for the locals, we planned to offer them all sorts of activities and classes, all kinds of stuff like that. What we got instead was our staff got beaten up / robbed every single time they opened because the locals are not interested in anything like that, because every 15-16 year old is a gangbanger and only gangbanger and going to school makes them look weak.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

As things stand I can't imagine anything worse than all the (M's) being under one roof in an enclosed space without very tight quality control. But perhaps the only way I see this working right now, just perhaps if it was under the banner of the university as a subfaction as a means of controlling the quality of roleplay somewhat, then players could progress into the university system once they finish at the school. It'd give the education system more of a purpose imo. Any other way is going to be far too much work and too many headaches. It just wouldn't work out.

I’ll comment on high school a little later but to address the above.

I’ll also throw this into the pot for discussion. 

One of the things we are toying with is working with government and inviting people playing 14-18 year olds over to ULSA to engage in sports focused roleplay and creating a system (or Academy), where we give them grants as we look to develop home grown talent ahead of the 2028 olympics which we’re lore wise hosting (as RL it’s being hosted in LA/UCLA).

We OOCly understand that players will mostly be illegal, there won’t be any expectations on them joining ULSA as a faction and we’d run it a little similar to how the port authority works (giving ‘grants’ vs ‘salaries’, though should any characters seek to fulfill their scholarship and progress to college, we’d obviously do our best to facilitate their development. About the only expectation  we’d have is that they don’t turn it into a war zone and keep any murderous urges to off campus.

The benefits of this is that we’ve kind of got the monopoly on a ‘school’ / ‘college’ campus and this would let Davis/Rancho/Vespucci youths who wish to partake in svhool(ish), RP outside their normal illegal activities chance to do so in a setting that’s a little more suited to education/school.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic