Davis High School RP - Opinion thread

H04X

Hey. About a year ago, the state senate passed a law that created the Department of Education, and with that, the faction was looking forward to implementing a Davis High School. This was something that was support, and more often than not requested, by our friends from the illegal community. However, this whole project was suspended due to LFM's ruling at the time and we ran into some administrative issues as well, such as finding competent leaders for it (e.g. a principal).

I'd like this thread to serve as a civilized qualitative primary research. I'm looking to gather as many opinions as possible to see if there's still any market for this sort of project. Both illegal and legal comments are welcome. 

• Upvote 8

needs to be a thing, just have extremely heavy moderation.

extremely

to add on; the community doesn't need to be limited from having certain things that can enhance roleplay just because of weirdos in the community, just ban the fucking weirdo creeps and let the community have SOMETHING they've been asking for. If there is a team behind this and they are moderated and also moderate what goes on in the school OOCly w/o metagame, and make sure to eliminate people beings straight up PEDOPHILES and CREEPS, which shouldn't be hard in my opinion, then this would go fine.

People might say "it's just gonna be a dm fest with illegal on legal!" poor escalation will happen, yes. and those people should be banned for that. but you can take many things IC like brawls, fights, jumpins and even the dangerousness of the community around, have the school armed with secruity that metadetects students and all types of shit, make it a miserable, ran-down and broke school, like how davis is.

Often we are limited in this community from doing / having things because of bad apples, whom can easily be banned, it gets quite exhausting. I would roleplay a faculty member of this shit in a HEART BEAT if it provided more roleplay and a closer connection between legal and illegal roleplayers, whom hopefully can come to terms and shake hands for once just to enjoy something together. This would enhance Davis Roleplay greatly, and the people who really care about it would roleplay this to the fullest, and since a good sum of legal roleplayers love to say Davis RP is the second spawn of satan, perhaps this could "better" it and enchance the community aspect, as that is what Davis lacks.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, ZaE said:

needs to be a thing, just have extremely heavy moderation.

extremely

to add on; the community doesn't need to be limited from having certain things that can enhance roleplay just because of weirdos in the community, just ban the fucking weirdo creeps and let the community have SOMETHING they've been asking for. If there is a team behind this and they are moderated and also moderate what goes on in the school OOCly w/o metagame, and make sure to eliminate people beings straight up PEDOPHILES and CREEPS, which shouldn't be hard in my opinion, then this would go fine.

People might say "it's just gonna be a dm fest with illegal on legal!" poor escalation will happen, yes. and those people should be banned for that. but you can take many things IC like brawls, fights, jumpins and even the dangerousness of the community around, have the school armed with secruity that metadetects students and all types of shit, make it a miserable, ran-down and broke school, like how davis is.

Often we are limited in this community from doing / having things because of bad apples, whom can easily be banned, it gets quite exhausting. I would roleplay a faculty member of this shit in a HEART BEAT if it provided more roleplay and a closer connection between legal and illegal roleplayers, whom hopefully can come to terms and shake hands for once just to enjoy something together. This would enhance Davis Roleplay greatly, and the people who really care about it would roleplay this to the fullest, and since a good sum of legal roleplayers love to say Davis RP is the second spawn of satan, perhaps this could "better" it and enchance the community aspect, as that is what Davis lacks.

I appreciate the feedback. I think this is a very plausible project if we have the foundation established. This wouldn't be an unsupervised area; liaison with faction leaders, faction management, RPQM and so on will be crucial for the roleplay to not die out in a week. I've seen projects similar to this one in the past and they worked out fairly well. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, H04X said:

This wouldn't be an unsupervised area; liaison with faction leaders, faction management, RPQM and so on will be crucial for the roleplay to not die out in a week. I've seen projects similar to this one in the past and they worked out fairly well. 

You have my full fledged and un-deniable support, hopefully LFM gives you guys a chance.

• Upvote 1

This shit would actually give (M)inors a place to roleplay, I approve of this. I believe this community can make it an enjoyable place and I am tired of the constant shit talk and bringing people and their concepts down. Give this a try, if it turns into a shitstorm, ban the involved parties and let it continue. Like the person a few posts above me said.

• Upvote 1

I’d love to see it happen, it might even bridge the gap between illegal and legal characters if they’re able to separate streets from classroom. May it be a social hub, not a reason to catch your teacher lacking after school because they assigned you homework.

From experience in ULSA, it will take a really, really level headed player to run such a faction/business. Whether players like it or not, there will be OOC squabbles and the sort, especially if it’s a hub of students from different parts of Strawberry/Davis, different friend circles.

• Upvote 1

I've always been fascinated with the idea of school roleplay as I've seen it done before. With a good set of people to facilitate, I believe it will definitely thrive. Doors for a lot of roleplay opportunities would open. Not only for legal roleplayers but also for illegal roleplayers. 

I would be in full support of this should this happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic