Flexible rules against poor portrayal of house market

On 5/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, Frezemis said:

I'm open for ideas and to discuss but there's really not much that I can think of at the current moment.

I really think we should implement a system like House Control, where houses can be evaluated based on neighborhoods and then players will not be able to sell them for more. I understand this would be a pain in the ass for admins to check it out, so therefore, modifying the script to something more suitable would have the desired effect - you can sell the house to a player with the desired amount(ex: House in Mirror Park, MP is 50k, you can sell it for 150+furniture - you don't have to put the furniture cost on top of the 150k, the script does it automatically - if you try to sell it for 150.001, the script won't let you. If you try to sell it to MP and the player pays you the money, then it's a rule breach and it can be traced down). The script idea would basically function on neighborhoods: if you live up on the hills, your property can be sold for MP + 2m(an example) and you don't have to worry about breaching the rule, because the script will be based on areas/neighborhoods. I just think it's a lot of work to do this, but in the end players cannot sell their houses for 5M in Sandy or Mirror Park, because they cannot do that. 

I know this comes from some frustration of mine, roleplaying in the county and seeing a lot of people complaining about buying a property, but this address the entire map, and you can only add a limited amount of houses or apartments, then the market is saturated and prices will only go up. 

The rule against high prices is good, but there's always gonna be people bypassing every rule you have. I'm thinking that a script that only allows you to sell your house to MP + neighborhood value (+automatically furniture price) would be a cool idea to keep the prices to a minimum. After all, if you're not a real estate agency and you don't do house flipping, you shouldn't worry about how much a house costs - properties should be affordable by anyone because it just comes in handy for roleplay, and that's it. I'm not gonna sell my house for x50's value just to get rich, because that doesn't happen anywhere in this world. (just watch some real estate shows, they show this very well, buying a shitty house for 80k and selling it after refurnishing and fixing everything to 200, 250k - and that's in nice neighborhoods). 

Not sure if my idea is well put, but if more details are needed (in case this does sounds ok), let me know.