'Special One-Time Vehicle Leases' - Your Opinion.

Wuhtah

What I don't understand 

6 hours ago, Solsroyce said:

2. People can still drive sportscars and drive fast because they're available in the server-owned dealerships. So I don't see what difference it makes if it's a car that was made artificially exclusive by staff rather than any other car. I don't see how making cars exclusive is a solution for apparent non-rp driving. Not to mention I don't see how it affects your roleplay directly or indirectly.

Exactly. I can go into the dealership right now and buy a Paraiah the fastest car in the game. I don't understand the mentality of adding some sports/luxury cars and leaving out others. I understand their are exceptions like you wouldn't want the server flooded with  with certain cars but one great example the Coquette D10. For the love of god why isn't this car in the game but they will add Mod cars that people barely buy including mod sports car.

Edited by Power
3 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Biggest one being the low standard of roleplay that's showcased through all facets, including bad driving standards that translate into IC carelessness and reckless behavior with no regard for the value of life.

Yes but I see people in mid range cars driving more recklessly. The characters that are rich and have sports cars are usually keenly aware that getting impounded or arrested sucks for their reputation/career/whatever.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

I just want my Blimp 😞

(These vehicle leases are a nice way of controlling certain vehicles tho)

Leasing should be helpful to unique RP concepts. And in my opinion: After an application phase it should just be free, someone proved they can handle agreeing to something with PM and it can only be limiting if it costs script money, as script money is no indication of anything. Any requirement of it will serve to stimulate grinding, unless the fee is negligable like 1 dollar.

Obviously a blimp won't be sold in a dealership. That is clearly something to sort out with property management.

But an Italian scooter isn't, nor is an old truck with hydraulic suspension. Or a current day Japanese sports car that isn't available at any dealership, while the classic 90s version of that same car is available without issue. These are just a few examples.

4 minutes ago, Power said:

What I don't understand 

Exactly. I can go into the dealership right now and buy a Paraiah the fastest car in the game. I don't understand the mentality of adding some sports cars and leaving out others. I understand their are exception with certain cars but one great example the Coquette D10. For the love of god why isn't this car in the game but they will add Mod cars that people barely buy including mod sports car.

Yes, there is 0 logic behind the current system.

2 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Yes but I see people in mid range cars driving more recklessly. The characters that are rich and have sports cars are usually keenly aware that getting impounded or arrested sucks for their reputation/career/whatever.

I don't really think there's much of a difference, but that would even make the system make less sense. Although less than none is impossible of course.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

Leasing should be helpful to unique RP concepts. And in my opinion: After an application phase it should just be free, someone proved they can handle agreeing to something with PM and it can only be limiting if it costs script money, as script money is no indication of anything. Any requirement of it will serve to stimulate grinding, unless the fee is negligable like 1 dollar.

Obviously a blimp won't be sold in a dealership. That is clearly something to sort out with property management.

But an Italian scooter isn't, nor is an old truck with hydraulic suspension. Or a current day Japanese sports car that isn't available at any dealership, while the classic 90s version of that same car is available without issue. These are just a few examples.

Yes, there is 0 logic behind the current system.

I don't really think there's much of a difference, but that would even make the system make less sense. Although less than none is impossible of course.

Yes! I think staff involvement should just be to help people fast track interesting concepts that they don't have script money for.

17 hours ago, Solsroyce said:

What car somebody drives is no indicator of "skill".

This is untrue.

16 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This server has way, way bigger issues than a bunch of mallrats driving Ferraris.

We're not here ranking which issue is bigger or smaller.

• Applaud 1

Honestly, when it comes down to it I believe there should be more discretion when it comes down to felons applying for vehicle leases, what I don't like about the current system is that people with felonies (especially evasion charges) being denied and locked out from vehicle leases. As it is most people don't rp leasing the vehicle but rather owning it. In addition to this not everyone with an evasion charge has it because they are a street racer and decided to run from the police on a whim, in the case of myself I have an evasion charge because my character was on drugs and panicked when an officer flashed sirens at them, it wasn't to copbait or 'flex' my driving skills, but rather to roleplay what my character would do. Unfortunately over a thousand hours down the line this means my character cannot get a one time lease, or even a regular lease despite being on the straight and narrow for quite a bit of time. In addition to this I wish the 'one-time-lease' allowed for a little more leniency when it comes to roleplaying how one comes across this vehicle, as I have an idea involving conversion that would allow me to attain a vehicle in a way that makes sense, rather than importing it.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic