'Special One-Time Vehicle Leases' - Your Opinion.

Wuhtah

I think certain vehicles shouldn’t be leased anyway, there are vehicles that should just be available to be bought outright, no only available via a lease program. Other vehicles such as super rare vehicles and high performance super cars should be the only things that you’re able to lease.

I am hugely against any roleplay/assets that have to go through an Admin's approval, because that invites bias and an OOC component to roleplay which we simply do not need. The server already has a lot of issues when it comes to transparency ( Staff and Faction reports are still done in private, in contrast to Ban Appeals and Player Reports ) and we simply don't need even more red tape.

Also against restricting vehicle ownership. Cars are nothing more than a tool, like clothing, to help people portray a character. And it is up to them whether they see fit for it. "Mallrats" have never hurt anyone.

Make it so these vehicles can only be sold by player owned dealerships, and curate these businesses on whether they create good roleplay. Let them pay to import the car and sell the vehicle with some margin. Limit how many of these cars can be on the server to create some artificial rarity and make them fall under the property inactivity rule. Make people pay for insurance and maintenance of these vehicles so it's not just a one-time investment.

Or for all I care let everybody spawn any car with a trainer if it helps create RP!

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Solsroyce said:

"Mallrats" have never hurt anyone.

Sure they have, depending on how you define a mallrat anyway.

• Poor portrayal hurts the overall quality of roleplay for everyone
  • Racing sports cars around the city is unrealistic and causes crashes that would be extremely rare in real life
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Sure they have, depending on how you define a mallrat anyway.

• Poor portrayal hurts the overall quality of roleplay for everyone
  • Racing sports cars around the city is unrealistic and causes crashes that would be extremely rare in real life

1. What entails good and fun roleplay varies from player to player. As long as people follow the rules it should be tolerated. Just because on the surface a character seems poorly portrayed doesn't mean that they're actually bad roleplayers. What car somebody drives is no indicator of "skill".

2. People can still drive sportscars and drive fast because they're available in the server-owned dealerships. So I don't see what difference it makes if it's a car that was made artificially exclusive by staff rather than any other car. I don't see how making cars exclusive is a solution for apparent non-rp driving. Not to mention I don't see how it affects your roleplay directly or indirectly.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This server has way, way bigger issues than a bunch of mallrats driving Ferraris.

Biggest one being the low standard of roleplay that's showcased through all facets, including bad driving standards that translate into IC carelessness and reckless behavior with no regard for the value of life.

50 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

Biggest one being the low standard of roleplay that's showcased through all facets, including bad driving standards that translate into IC carelessness and reckless behavior with no regard for the value of life.

Regardless, if people choose to drive like maniacs, they'll do it. Doesn't matter if they got an Asbo or a Turismo. 

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

You should be CKed the moment you disregard your characters life in any type of situation. No one should be exempt either, it doesn’t matter if you’re a cop, a civilian, an admin, a gangbanger, or a wise guy. This community wants to pride itself on portrayal and realism but the only thing they do is hold people accountable for their OOC actions and send everything off into that sector when the majority of these administration punishments could’ve been dealt with the loss of a character/hours of development because you wanted to be an idiot. Rule 0 has gotta be removed and you gotta give players a sense of immersion, no one is afraid of losing anything because you can just press respawn and no one wants to drive realistically because even then you get pulled over for literally nothing. I’ve been pulled over on GTAW hundreds of times for just matching a description when I have never even been pulled over in all my life (IRL) and I drive like an idiot. 😂

This lease shit is the furthest thing from any sort of realism I’ve ever seen and I think we’ve gotta target other things because this is so insignificant to the state of roleplay as a whole. 

Edited by Playboii
51 minutes ago, lil woadie woe said:

Regardless, if people choose to drive like maniacs, they'll do it. Doesn't matter if they got an Asbo or a Turismo. 

Absolutely, my stance has always been all cars should be available unless they have issues with weaponry and/or armor.

21 minutes ago, Playboii said:

You should be CKed the moment you disregard your characters life in any type of situation. No one should be exempt either, it doesn’t matter if you’re a cop, a civilian, an admin, a gangbanger, or a wise guy. This community wants to pride itself on portrayal and realism but the only thing they do is hold people accountable for their OOC actions and send everything off into that sector when the majority of these administration punishments could’ve been dealt with the loss of a character/hours of development because you wanted to be an idiot. Rule 0 has gotta be removed and you gotta give players a sense of immersion, no one is afraid of losing anything because you can just press respawn and no one wants to drive realistically because even then you get pulled over for literally nothing. I’ve been pulled over on GTAW hundreds of times for just matching a description when I have never even been pulled over in all my life (IRL) and I drive like an idiot. 😂

This lease shit is the furthest thing from any sort of realism I’ve ever seen and I think we’ve gotta target other things because this is so insignificant to the state of roleplay as a whole. 

It doesn't have to be quite that black and white, but generally you're not wrong and the vehicle leases have never made sense to me whatsoever. A discussion about the rules isn't for this topic, so I won't get into that any further.

• Wuhtah locked this topic