'Special One-Time Vehicle Leases' - Your Opinion.

Wuhtah

6 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Same argument could be made for the default towtruck available all across the server. I absolutely see where you're coming from although wouldn't it be better to just harshly punish those isolated instances of abuse instead of locking out the general population of the server from using those? Also like - wouldn't that realistically allow you to take some burden off of PM's hands? Even if you spend 3 minutes reviewing a request like that - it's still time wasted that could've been spent reviewing something more important (like house requests or whatever else). What you mentioned does make sense too though.

4 minutes ago, Slou said:

I feel like this issue should be something that's handled ICly by the LEO, if someone was messing around with the vehicles. A lawnmower and caddy are very easily purchased vehicles IRL. You can get one at pretty much any hardware store, there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to just buy it.

VERY true - it could be taken as an IC issue. I will ask the PM team how they feel about this!

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I'm talking about the 2-4 million dollar cars that the honest Joe Blow who isn't even a huge deal or gives correct character portrayal (explanation and justification) to get this specific car. 

I'm also talking about the rarity of cars which many people requested the same vehicle whereas only 120 vehicles of this sort was sold in the USA with 599 total vehicles. 

first come first serve with an activity requirement. If they drive it more than X amount of miles, it's often bad portrayal.

Those cars that are not rare, are not super expensive, I, and probably the entire PM team as well, don't mind if they go in the car dealership - but hey, we need to do some research and get the modding team on that in order to get that put in place.

It's been a long time coming, along with the enormous suggested vehicle list in the suggestions, hopefully things will finally be looked at soon, there's cars missing that are from the initial release of the game in 2013 iirc. I never understood that.

How strict should the RARE AND 2-4 MILLION DOLLAR cars be? That's literally... 80% of the requests. Are those cars. The cars like Weevil, D10 coquette, etc are hardly ever requested for which in turn, aren't that expensive IRL and would probably be accepted lol. Everyone wants to portray a rich character and have a rare car, yet, in a realistic way - you wouldn't be able to get your hands on that rare and expensive car. If you provide the property justification? Sure. But please, research more into it. 

Strict in terms of portrayal, but not remotely considered upon script money wealth. And leave IC consequences IC too, if some rich person is caught speeding like an ass, let them deal with the IC consequences and leave it at that.

There are a total of 674 vehicles in GTA:Online from a quick glance. I will go through them eventually and prod the modding team to see if we can add a majority in that doesn't need to be specially requested through leases. Those that have issues with them, (go over a certain speed, a car doing wheelies, specific modifications that we're leery on, rarity, etc), will be leases only as we can keep an eye on the player and whatnot. 

All muscle cars do wheelies, it's impossible to work against and if players don't overdo it, it's not really an issue, I've not seen people go ham with it.

I made a full list, including all industrial, military, helicopters, planes etc. A lot can easily be crossed off, but the list is easy to make, it's the research that costs time I can't spend right now.

• Applaud 1

What if we gave out some of these rarer, 1:600 cars to IC dealerships, let them choose the price, and give a basic bottom line of 'Try to make sure you're selling it to someone who could realistically house and manage said vehicle'. It's a thing @ChromaticDeath did with one of his character's antique vehicles. Checking that there's proper storage space, that the person buying it isn't living in some 40k apartment, and that they have the capability to provide the vehicle with maintenance either themselves, or have the available wages to pay for it. 

It's less quality controlled, most certainly, but it's not like there'd be 20 of these. Giving 1-2 of these cars out to high-end dealerships can only end so poorly, and seems like a rather interesting opportunity, as long as it's more than walking inside and paying for the car. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone with a rare vehicle ingame, I would say that the issue is not in the vehicles purchase price but it's what comes after that does not exist in this server.

If I buy a vehicle that is worth 2 million the maintence for this vehicle from vehicles modifitications, parts, insurance and such will be just as expensive. This is also why everyone here have super cars because you grind for a bit and make 1 million to buy and mod a super car completely and after that? just pay for gas and a 300 dollars maintence check.

I can assure you that if the system here will change to a irl one people will not bother to drive super cars as it will eat their money up, only actual rich people will be able to drive super cars just like irl. 

I think that the whole rare lease should be for vehicles with really something unique in them, like the one I have as you remember Wutah. but if you guys actually change the system of how vehicles are being held then you will not even need applications for super cars you could put them ingame freely but only actualy rich people will be able to hold such vehicles as they could pay for the very expensive modifications, parts and insurance.

I have millions and I don't even drive super cars...

Do you need to be actually rich to RP a rich person? uh yes, if you found your way of making money ingame and make it proper for your character so why not? someone invented LS betting that is a great way of getting rich and also brings something unique to the server. If you grind a truck and hold a super car I doubt you could explain it, there are many ways to make money ingame without spending your life in GTAW 24/7, if you manage to be creative and make something that makes you money you also deserve to buy yourself a super car just like how it works irl.

Edited by Nadler

I think rare cars should remain rare. While I don't see why certain cars should be locked behind a lease, Sultan RS, Elegy RH8, Tempesta, Ardent etc. These should be available to all, but cars like a RSX, Osiris, Furia, Nero, T20 (the list of cars goes on) are cars that should remain behind a strict background check, it should make sense for the character to have.

Realistically speaking, the rare cars I speak of aren't obtainable by normal means of just buying one from a high end car dealer, you'd usually need to wait on a waiting list with said manufacturer for months to years, even after that, if you aren't someone known I highly doubt you could just go out and buy one. Hell, Ferrari don't allow certain cars to be modified and stuff.

My personal take on the whole special lease thing is, keep the rare stuff strict but be more lenient with the sports cars. I don't see how a R33 Skyline is available to the masses but not the GTR.

I feel like the argument of allowing all cars onto the server with no application would just create the problem of everyone owning a super car, it's no longer special. This could possible create another problem, Jane Doe ripping around in a Bugatti and racing it around doesn't exactly make sense, moderating such a thing wouldn't exactly be easy either.

Edited by Deeman
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, iFlyKid said:

In my personal opinion its unneeded paperwork and more work for admins/PM to have people apply for said lease request. Why not just have them in-game and price them at a ridiculously stupid high price. 5M for this vehicle, 10M for that. If a player can afford a 5M$ car then why does that person need to write a 2 page essay on how he put the vehicle into good use. Plus as a starting player you can only make 225,000$ of free money so you can start your roleplay adventure and earn more. If a player has 5+ million dollars in the bank, don't you think that player already deserved that hard earned cash? He probably found a lucrative way to make more money and why should we limit that person with a 2 page essay on why he's worthy of said vehicle. It's not like he didn't sit there for 20 minutes making up some bullshit story just so an admin can approve his lease request lol. We already have RPQM that combs through players with unrealistic assets anyway. The whole aspect of micromanaging everything will get notoriously annoying and can demotivated people at the masses. You don't go to Ferrari's Dealership and the salesman asks you "Hey can you write me a good reason why you want this car?" If you have the dough you come out driving a Ferrari or whatever your heart makes you happy. 

If anything, Nervous can add a limit to the vehicles that are sold from the script dealership. Same as the component system for business. I.E. 10X of idk Ferrari. Once its gone, its GONE. You can't buy anymore until 6 months from now that a magical shipment comes with more fancy cars. That would essentially make the vehicle extremely luxurious and you won't have everyone in the server grabbing a car. 

If you have millions of dollars in the bank, god bless you, really. Enjoy your earnings. 

I do believe the more restrictions we apply as a community to players, the more they'll be demotivated and therefore people will just end up being so demotivating they'll stop donating and they'll find something else to play (Which btw, already happened to one of my good friends and consistent donator and she won't come back because of the sheer amount of paperwork and dedication needed on a game). For one I personally don't want to use my day off to write an essay after an essay to explain how and why I want to use up my money. We all forget at times this is a game, and yes we try to emulate real life. But there should always be a balance and for one I am heavily opposed on anything that is time consuming and not efficient even for the most veteran admin. 

That's just my two cents on this. 

Absolute Amen 🙏🏻
Nowdays we have crypto kids and social media influencers who just go and buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. I cant really do that IG. But If my character is rich, he should be able to have an option to buy a Lamborghini thats worth 1million IG money for instance. Like we can see even with Enus cars, they are 600k at a dealer, you dont see that many of them driving around. Some Tempestas or Furias wouldn’t really hurt the streets of Los Santos. Classic cars should be more strict, but there are certain supercars that are very common as long as you got the bag.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, Frezemis said:

Makes people want to grind more for those cars and suddenly become homeless to just buy that one Supercar. Doesn’t solve a problem it’s creates one.

Generally you shouldn’t own a car thats 80% percent of your assets, thats where RPQM comes in.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:10 AM, iFlyKid said:

In my personal opinion its unneeded paperwork and more work for admins/PM to have people apply for said lease request. Why not just have them in-game and price them at a ridiculously stupid high price. 5M for this vehicle, 10M for that. If a player can afford a 5M$ car then why does that person need to write a 2 page essay on how he put the vehicle into good use. Plus as a starting player you can only make 225,000$ of free money so you can start your roleplay adventure and earn more. If a player has 5+ million dollars in the bank, don't you think that player already deserved that hard earned cash? He probably found a lucrative way to make more money and why should we limit that person with a 2 page essay on why he's worthy of said vehicle. It's not like he didn't sit there for 20 minutes making up some bullshit story just so an admin can approve his lease request lol. We already have RPQM that combs through players with unrealistic assets anyway. The whole aspect of micromanaging everything will get notoriously annoying and can demotivated people at the masses. You don't go to Ferrari's Dealership and the salesman asks you "Hey can you write me a good reason why you want this car?" If you have the dough you come out driving a Ferrari or whatever your heart makes you happy. 

If anything, Nervous can add a limit to the vehicles that are sold from the script dealership. Same as the component system for business. I.E. 10X of idk Ferrari. Once its gone, its GONE. You can't buy anymore until 6 months from now that a magical shipment comes with more fancy cars. That would essentially make the vehicle extremely luxurious and you won't have everyone in the server grabbing a car. 

If you have millions of dollars in the bank, god bless you, really. Enjoy your earnings. 

I do believe the more restrictions we apply as a community to players, the more they'll be demotivated and therefore people will just end up being so demotivating they'll stop donating and they'll find something else to play (Which btw, already happened to one of my good friends and consistent donator and she won't come back because of the sheer amount of paperwork and dedication needed on a game). For one I personally don't want to use my day off to write an essay after an essay to explain how and why I want to use up my money. We all forget at times this is a game, and yes we try to emulate real life. But there should always be a balance and for one I am heavily opposed on anything that is time consuming and not efficient even for the most veteran admin. 

That's just my two cents on this. 

My approach might be unpopular but it's my opinion.

I have nothing against the process of Leasing vehicles. I believe it's good, but my problem becomes when you try to get normal vehicles from the server, any vehicle available at endless numbers.

Dealerships have infinite numbers of vehicles or nearly infinite, they don't get restocked at any way, not RP, not script, no nothing. Imports of vehicles is one of the main activities of North America, one of the most important actually, it's stupidly profitable. 

Business dealerships are very rare in game, while they have to restock vehicles. I like to visit and see what's profitable, talk with the dealer, see what they can offer me behind the curtains from their "secret stash". I believe in general prices of the vehicles (not low/middle class) should be revised extensively by the Staff or at least keep current prices but delegate more responsibility to player dealerships rather than script dealerships... Or at least their categories to be sorted out again, like it's fairly common to find gangsters driving your average Buffalo SX, commiting crimes in such vehicles.

We need also a way to get rid of vehicles, mileage works for nothing rather than breaking the vehicles from time to time. A player can keep rolling the same car from the age of stone with no consequences, they should break often with more mileage, like a lot of mileage or permanently be impounded by LSPD/LSSD and scrapped after reaching certain threshold of repetitive crime activity. It's a game yes, but there's no cycle, just a line of consume a single vehicle and have fun... You got a luxury car and LSPD caught you racing, several times, they should confiscate it.

We are talking about serious stuff like kidnapping, drive-by shootings and anything related to murder and vehicles, in real life is most likely the judge will confiscate your car, and it will be destroyed or auctioned and being sold in decent prices to qualified Dealerships, from people with good standing and good quality RP in the eyes of PM/RPQM.

In real life, as you might know, leasing is stupidly common. You can even to into your bank to take debts for buying a nice car, most people in USA do that.

"In all honesty, do you think a 2.2 million dollar car that only has 599 models made worldwide should be accepted as a special one-time vehicle lease?"
Such cars are available to be imported to USA, with stupid and strict restrictions, isn't that easy as "I have 8 million. I want to buy that 8 million car". It has legal process behind closed doors, mostly done by attorneys speeding the whole thing. Also such cars come up with contracts, like Ferrari does.

Such contracts say you can be held liable if you show the car with damage to the public, if the car gets damaged it can damage the company's image, so you are enforced to cover it until it's back into perfect status. 

Also, when you go to buy such vehicles, or get a debt for buying one, you need to "prove" you can afford the car itself, or you can pay the sum in a foreseable future or else the dealership will just simply kick you out

That's my unpopular opinion, sorry if I might have derailed it out.

Edited by Xaleya
  • Wuhtah locked this topic