'Special One-Time Vehicle Leases' - Your Opinion.

Wuhtah

Frezemies makes a valid point guys. I agree, however people have been grinding already for existing cars in the market. I guess there is no clear solution to this. Its more so pick which poison will kill you slower type of thing. But a good RPQM team will pick up on certain players with unrealistic assets and I am sure its easier to manage then an overwhelming influx of application that we have no idea if they are genuine or not.

Edited by iFlyKid
  • Upvote 1

Like I wrote in my post, script money should absolutely not determine what people can or cannot roleplay. It holds no value whatsoever, unless you lack it. That is also why I mentioned that leases for rare cars should be very cheap or free considering script cash is a bad way of determining IC wealth. Those leases should be based on character portrayal and definitely not on if someone has managed to accrue millions of a fictional number in the top right of their screen.

At most you could require them to have enough hours as a player to know how the server works (which is still a very arbitrary method).

So no, don't make them 5 million or 10 million. That doesn't help, because it denies serious players without the grind mentality or having had a (potentially previous) character in a (OOCly created, cause like was mentioned, legal faction pay is a hell of an easy way to gather millions) position to purchase something to roleplay a rich jet set figure (for example).

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

Like I wrote in my post, script money should absolutely not determine what people can or cannot roleplay. It holds no value whatsoever, unless you lack it.

Unless you lack it being the key phrase here, because without it you can't really do much. So, in my humble opinion realistically speaking you shouldn't even be RPing a rich person unless you've got an amount of script money to back up that type of RP. Becoming rich doesn't just happen to people overnight in majority of cases, it's something you have to work for and takes time usually months or years of effort unless you get insanely lucky or on the chance of being born into old money. Being able to just show up and say "hey guys I'm rich, give me handouts to accurately portray this" completely invalidates all of the work anybody has already previously been putting in achieving what belongs to them. What's stopping anyone from just skipping over the part where you actually have to RP and interact with the community to get by from doing that? If anyone can just show up and be given things without having to put in any real work for it then what's the point of seeking a high paying career or striving for goals such as owning a business ICly? The reward for these kinds of things become non-existent if we just start giving things out for free just because they have some nice writing skills and can make up a real good story. A lot of businesses already struggle keeping employees any longer than a week just because people either work until they can afford what they're looking for and dip or just don't have much use for the script money so there's little motivation. It's unfortunate it is this way, but that's the reality of it right now. Let's not make this situation even worse by setting a precedent of being able to get free shit without putting the time in to earn it.

Like I said before, script money isn't the end all be all determining factor of a characters wealth, but pretending that you're rich when you haven't put any of the actual work in to get there is just bad, unrealistic character portrayal IMO. The average person isn't going to be able to afford a several million dollar super car. If there's only 5-10 super cars on the street ever then so be it. They shouldn't be easy to obtain by principle, it's a literal super car. How often do you see super cars just strolling by in real life? Almost never, and the people that own them are usually business owners or executives or something along those lines. Jobs that ICly shouldn't have any issue getting to that amount of if they really wanted to.

Edited by Slou
6 minutes ago, Slou said:

[...] What's stopping anyone from just skipping over the part where you actually have to RP and interact with the community to get by from doing that? [...]

Nothing already, players just NC and poof, a new rich person exists.

8 minutes ago, Slou said:

[...] A lot of businesses already struggle keeping employees any longer than a week just because people either work until they can afford what they're looking for and dip or just don't have much use for the script money so there's little motivation. [...] 

If script money is their motivation to RP, they'll leave the server soon enough anyway. And if it's not and they leave the business when they have amassed enough money, the business doesn't offer them a worthwhile experience and/or environment to stay around. People in my opinion don't give a rat's ass about script money as long as they enjoy the roleplay environment they're in. Except until they arrive at a namechange or whatever and realize: "Shit I should've grinded more on my last character, now I can't RP this new concept I want to cause I have a lack of fake internet points."

10 minutes ago, Slou said:

Like I said before, script money isn't the end all be all determining factor of a characters wealth, but pretending that you're rich when you haven't put any of the actual work in to get there is just bad, unrealistic character portrayal IMO.

That's just nonsense. Characters don't start existing when they are created.

11 minutes ago, Slou said:

The average person isn't going to be able to afford a several million dollar super car.

Correct and if you read my earlier post you noticed I said the actual rare ones should be limited to a certain (predetermined) low amount and only be in the hands of active characters, which yes, sucks for casual players, but is the only real solution. And even still, they shouldn't drive them as a daily car most of the time, since that would, in most cases, constitute bad portrayal.

But if we're talking the "lower-end" Ferraris, those aren't limited in number and well, they're mostly sports cars.

Script money means absolutely nothing, you just need enough of it in the current state and approach the server has to roleplay.

If you want to suggest players need to pay their dues in-game to gather up enough dollhairs to make their character rich, you're missing the entire point, it's about roleplay, no one player is above another, so if you think a long-standing player that has arbitrarily played "enough" to have that fake high number in the top right? I don't know what to tell you.

This issue isn't people requesting cars that are 200k-300k IRL - I understand that finances will cover this. I'm talking about the 2-4 million dollar cars that the honest Joe Blow who isn't even a huge deal or gives correct character portrayal (explanation and justification) to get this specific car. 

I'm also talking about the rarity of cars which many people requested the same vehicle whereas only 120 vehicles of this sort was sold in the USA with 599 total vehicles. 

Those cars that are not rare, are not super expensive, I, and probably the entire PM team as well, don't mind if they go in the car dealership - but hey, we need to do some research and get the modding team on that in order to get that put in place.

For example:

If you are a business owner, you just received said business, and you decide to apply for a 'wealthier' car - ~200k-500k. The business hasn't been active yet, hasn't even started opening, and you're claiming you have a successful business and you're rich based off of this. It's most likely going to be denied. This is because the justification you provided on owning or financing such a car is null. 

If the business becomes active within the next cycle of leases comes up (usually once a month as property requests then open up first) then you have more of a standing argument and you'll probably get accepted then. 

--

My question mainly for this post - 

How strict should the RARE AND 2-4 MILLION DOLLAR cars be? That's literally... 80% of the requests. Are those cars. The cars like Weevil, D10 coquette, etc are hardly ever requested for which in turn, aren't that expensive IRL and would probably be accepted lol. Everyone wants to portray a rich character and have a rare car, yet, in a realistic way - you wouldn't be able to get your hands on that rare and expensive car. If you provide the property justification? Sure. But please, research more into it. 

Everyone wants a fancy vehicle that more than likely doesn't make sense to their character, but wants it mostly for OOC reasons. This is the issue I face the majority of the time. I don't want to read a 2 page essay lmao, I don't think anyone does. I don't request for anyone to write a 2 page essay. I request for the minimalist information needed which if you are straight to the point - you can get within two paragraphs of 6-8 sentences. 

There are a total of 674 vehicles in GTA:Online from a quick glance. I will go through them eventually and prod the modding team to see if we can add a majority in that doesn't need to be specially requested through leases. Those that have issues with them, (go over a certain speed, a car doing wheelies, specific modifications that we're leery on, rarity, etc), will be leases only as we can keep an eye on the player and whatnot. 

I think the above ^ is a good compromise, but it is a big project and does require many opinions. Thoughts on that? Of course, the modding or development team could just say no, and that is a factor that we will deal with, but in short, opinions/feedback? (I too, want to make less work on myself.)

6 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

There are a total of 674 vehicles in GTA:Online from a quick glance. I will go through them eventually and prod the modding team to see if we can add a majority in that doesn't need to be specially requested through leases. Those that have issues with them, (go over a certain speed, a car doing wheelies, specific modifications that we're leery on, rarity, etc), will be leases only as we can keep an eye on the player and whatnot. 

This is pretty much the best way to handle this in my opinion. The majority should be added with little to no restriction at all for any one to purchase if they have the money for it, with the select few having conditions such as the ones you listed being the only ones locked behind a leasing like exotic cars etc. that would realistically be produced in little amounts and owned by few.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Can we get lawnmowers (https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Mower) and caddies (https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Caddy) added to a dealership @Wuhtah

Hmm.. I am afraid people will abuse this so easily as let's be honest, they are pretty fun vehicles to mess around in. These types of vehicle requests are so easy done as well and accepted within a hour or two if I am around. A compromise can be reached maybe? These can always be open for request and it should take 48 hours. Would something like that be okay? I don't need even need a paragraph. I need a character's name and why you want it. "I wanna mow my yard" is literally all I'd need or "I'm using this for my business cause I'm lazy to walk from A to B". Would that suffice? 

6 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Hmm.. I am afraid people will abuse this so easily as let's be honest, they are pretty fun vehicles to mess around in.

Same argument could be made for the default towtruck available all across the server. I absolutely see where you're coming from although wouldn't it be better to just harshly punish those isolated instances of abuse instead of locking out the general population of the server from using those? Also like - wouldn't that realistically allow you to take some burden off of PM's hands? Even if you spend 3 minutes reviewing a request like that - it's still time wasted that could've been spent reviewing something more important (like house requests or whatever else). What you mentioned does make sense too though.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
3 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Hmm.. I am afraid people will abuse this so easily as let's be honest, they are pretty fun vehicles to mess around in. These types of vehicle requests are so easy done as well and accepted within a hour or two if I am around. A compromise can be reached maybe? These can always be open for request and it should take 48 hours. Would something like that be okay? I don't need even need a paragraph. I need a character's name and why you want it. "I wanna mow my yard" is literally all I'd need or "I'm using this for my business cause I'm lazy to walk from A to B". Would that suffice? 

I feel like this issue should be something that's handled ICly by the LEO, if someone was messing around with the vehicles. A lawnmower and caddy are very easily purchased vehicles IRL. You can get one at pretty much any hardware store, there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be allowed to just buy it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic