'Special One-Time Vehicle Leases' - Your Opinion.

Wuhtah

What I am talking about: 

How do you feel about this? Should it be kept, should it go? Should we narrow down specifically even more of what can and cannot be accepted? Should we be more open to accepting 'rarer' cars?

Previously, in lease requests - there has been 'rare' cars requested (rare as in IRL with manufacturers only making 8 of these specific cars or 600 of them). In my mind, it's very hard to accept such an application because there's never any justification to the lease application itself (in my view) of how they acquired such a vehicle, etc. I truly do not believe people research (which they shouldn't have to) the rarity and IRL costs. 

In all honesty, do you think a 2.2 million dollar car that only has 599 models made worldwide should be accepted as a special one-time vehicle lease? 

How do you think we should improve moving forward with this program? 

Please do not derail, I do want honest feedback, constructive criticism and ways to improve this program. I don't claim it, but I do know that we are limited within the server and car dealerships to specific cars - so I don't necessarily want to close and never open these up again. 

I don't like restrictions, I think all vehicles should be available to lease.

Just because IRL a car manufacturer made only 600 of a vehicle doesn't mean that needs to follow suit in GTA World, since all our car brands are fictitious. 

If a character is fit to own that CLASS of vehicle then he should be allowed to lease it, regardless of the specific model in question. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 1

lol the “no server record in the past 6 months’ should get changed

”hey man why cant you get a unique car like ours?’

”sorry dude i got a warning 3 months ago for something, can’t request a house nor a car now even if my character fits the criteria : ( ‘

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wuhtah said:

How do you feel about this? Should it be kept, should it go? Should we narrow down specifically even more of what can and cannot be accepted? Should we be more open to accepting 'rarer' cars?

Previously, in lease requests - there has been 'rare' cars requested (rare as in IRL with manufacturers only making 8 of these specific cars or 600 of them). In my mind, it's very hard to accept such an application because there's never any justification to the lease application itself (in my view) of how they acquired such a vehicle, etc. I truly do not believe people research (which they shouldn't have to) the rarity and IRL costs. 

In all honesty, do you think a 2.2 million dollar car that only has 599 models made worldwide should be accepted as a special one-time vehicle lease? 

How do you think we should improve moving forward with this program? 

I like how the system is now, but it could be improved still. A few points for improvement;

• Do not restrict any vehicles that are not weaponized and/or lore friendly or cause technical issues, by default. If the application and use-case make sense then they should be allowed on a case by case basis. If not, they can always be denied.
  • We have rare vehicles that you can purchase now, directly. The GT500 comes to mind, which is one of the most valuable car models on the planet. The same logic as the previous point should apply. Does the application make a good case for the lease? No? Then decline. Yes? Then you can always charge a lot of money for the lease. Even if your character has a lot of (OOC) money, charging $100.000 or $200.000 a month is going to make people think twice. There are many levers like these that you can use to ensure that the streets will not be flooded with very rare vehicles or even super cars. A good reason for the lease, a good character justification, lease pricing, increased insurance costs, limited time leases, maximum number of leases of the same model, etc etc.
  • As per the post above, be tough on who gets to apply. Admin record in the last 6 months? Too bad, no rare vehicle. If you break the rules willingly then you are ready to accept the consequences.

Edited by mj2002
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

• As per the post above, be tough on who gets to apply. Admin record in the last 6 months? Too bad, no rare vehicle. If you break the rules willingly then you are ready to accept the consequences

Yeaight restrict rp behind more applications & based on ur server record. Got a warning because of something minor you did? Too bad buddy! Reappeal in 5 months, cause the thing you did is so severe…

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Do not restrict any vehicles that are not weaponized and/or lore friendly or cause technical issues, by default. If the application and use-case make sense then they should be allowed on a case by case basis. If not, they can always be denied.

Weaponized will always be denied/restricted. It's not a can of worms I want to open up.

19 minutes ago, Steezers said:

Yeaight restrict rp behind more applications & based on ur server record. Got a warning because of something minor you did? Too bad buddy! Reappeal in 5 months, cause the thing you did is so severe…

I am open to discussion about this. If it's "small" (warning for something small) then that is something we can discuss on a one versus one basis. There is obviously no guarantee, but I will reach out to the admin who handed the punishment to get an idea of what went wrong.

• Wuhtah locked this topic