The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

On 5/30/2022 at 3:32 AM, Wildcat said:

Jurisdictions are not happening.

On previous servers, that was the biggest divider between factions. It would lead to a complete break-down of relations over the most minute things. One of the best things GTA:W got right was saying anyone can do anything anywhere they like.

I can attest to this, on owl mta whenever highway patrol even stepped an inch into the city someone from PD cried and acted like we just stole their favourite teddy bear.

On 5/28/2022 at 1:14 AM, Peak. said:

Despite working in the same jurisdiction the general relationship between the LSPD and LSSD is poor and it's whoever reaches the scene has it. Generally we don't work together. 

Would it be better if we had separate jurisdictions or have a shared-decision interoperability agreement? 

To preface what I'm about to say, no hate to PD, you guys have some solid fellas.

I personally on several occasions, throughout multiple LSPD leaderships have taken the initiative to organize events that could be attended faction-wide to better relations, however, every single time I've tried it's not followed through because I either get flat out ignored or when attempts are made by some awesome individuals in PD, the energy for the event is not reciprocated back, being told to climb through hurdles of red tape and hoops. Simply, I won't break my back if the enthusiasm I am giving is not reciprocated back.

More so on topic for the jurisdiction stuff, whilst I 110% do not agree with jurisdictions whatsoever because as it has been said a couple times already in this thread, jurisdictions have been the paramount cause for friction between legal factions and will only hinder relations. An interesting point to bring up though is, if you're for jurisdictions would that mean that then you're also for the LSSD getting sole access to Davis, Rancho, Strawberry, and Chamberlain Hills considering we have our station in the City of Davis and realistically the LA Sheriff's (not the LAPD) handle all police work for the City of Compton and other surrounding neighborhoods/unincorporated cities?

• Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
25 minutes ago, bonk said:

I personally on several occasions, throughout multiple LSPD leaderships have taken the initiative to organize events that could be attended faction-wide to better relations, however, every single time I've tried it's not followed through because I either get flat out ignored or when attempts are made by some awesome individuals in PD, the energy for the event is not reciprocated back, being told to climb through hurdles of red tape and hoops. Simply, I won't break my back if the enthusiasm I am giving is not reciprocated back.

For the betterment of law enforcement roleplay I'd like to see both factions strive to bridge these kinds of gaps, also splitting the jurisdiction up is a terrible idea and will only lead to more conflict as was seen in another community.

Edited by Storm
  • Upvote 1
On 6/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, bonk said:

To preface what I'm about to say, no hate to PD, you guys have some solid fellas.

Exact same was done on our side. When I was in traffic, I tried many-a-times to create a joint-agency task force aimed at certain issues that were spiralling out of control. (I.E. The streetracer menace of 2021) 

When I left traffic and joined metro, SEB was included and encouraged to join trainings together. Which looked promising and then just broke down. 

When I left metro and joined patrol to work up a warrant apprehension detail, I tried many-a-times to again, set it up so we could have both agencies working together. 

I eventually just gave up. People just aren't willing. And both PD & SD is guilty of this. There's been (too) many instances of people being dicks to the other agency on alts just for the purpose of "My LEO faction is better than yours". 

Moving on swiftly, No jurisdictions. As Wildcat said earlier, and having been there at the same time as he was, that was the biggest divider between the PD & SD. Was one of the leading root causes of constant arguments that blew up out of proportion on multiple occasions. A lesson learned from a previous era, but granted. This current situation has it's own pro's and most definitely has it's cons to go along with it.

• Upvote 1
On 6/2/2022 at 6:35 PM, Storm said:

For the betterment of law enforcement roleplay I'd like to see both factions strive to bridge these kinds of gaps

You cannot build bridges with people who run a demolition company.

The LSSD and its leadership are by far the greatest tragedy to have struck this community. The insistence on enforcing pointless rules under the guise of providing balance, the constant reminding to their members of their alleged superiority compared to the rest of the server, the absolutely ludicrous double standards when it comes to realism and other aspects of the game, their dishonesty in regards to the jail/prison system used as a gateway to establish a second law enforcement faction and the targeting of players who don't share their mindset are just a small number of the laundry list of offences committed by (most of) the current leadership.

They have no interest in bridging gaps and having peace because they thrive off (D)iscord and chaos, since a divided community is easier to manipulate. They have no interest in being understanding or finding a compromise, because that would undermine the foundations of what they've built, a cult which leaves little room for dissent. They have no interest in moving forward because they're stuck in an eternal 2017, and not in a nostalgic way.

It's the year of the Sheriff's Department and it always will be, forever. GTA:W could've been a great opportunity to branch out, to explore a new concept, a Highway Patrol or even a well-done, investigation-focused BOI, but thanks to the duplicity and the uninspired spirits of this group of people who believe themselves to be sole holders of the truth in matters of roleplay quality, the community has once more slumped back into the same dichotomy of LSPD/LSSD and the implementation of the same tried California tropes (but only when it suits them), a show that's been doing re-runs for almost a decade uninterrupted. 

Creating a successful marketing campaign around the «providing quality police roleplay» mantra is the one, single thing these people have come up with. Everything else is an outright rip-off that rejects all accusations of lacking originality with the trite excuse that "it's realistic" and therefore above all kinds of criticisms. And since they couldn't come up with something innovative, they forced the entire server to play by the delusion they call reality, but that really is a collection of L.A. Times headlines and 60 minutes reports about the Lynwood Vikings.

Now of course this may seem undesirable, unwarranted, undeserved and if these people were more open to views different from theirs there might be a way to find an agreement, a settlement of sorts. As someone who saw Wildcat turn from a benevolent faction leader into the authoritarian tyrant of a religious sect that worships the LASD MPP, there is nothing that I wish more than rolling the system back to a different time and place, where people played the game instead of taking part in some futile realism contests. 

Unfortunately, he and his cohorts are too drunk on power, too far gone believing their own hype to realize their methods only sow more division within the community, and you don't really have to look further than the whole debacle that originated this thread for evidence of what the purity spiraling on behalf of these people led to: there is no honor among thieves, and the guy who thinks he's a better roleplayer than you is right behind the corner.

I was at the side of this new Caesar named Wildcat as his Legate when he complained about Foran and his gang of M4-toting Chiefs, who ruled the rooster and bullied SADOC, strong of the support of his faction and of an LFM who cared about everything except roleplay. Now that Wildcat and his praetorians are the ones calling LFM to shut LSDA investigators down for interfering with his faction, it should perhaps be a good idea to remember what happened to Foran once his popular support ran out and LFM turned on him.

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall. 

v4YG4Pp.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Cleveland said:

You cannot build bridges with people who run a demolition company.

The LSSD and its leadership are by far the greatest tragedy to have struck this community. The insistence on enforcing pointless rules under the guise of providing balance, the constant reminding to their members of their alleged superiority compared to the rest of the server, the absolutely ludicrous double standards when it comes to realism and other aspects of the game, their dishonesty in regards to the jail/prison system used as a gateway to establish a second law enforcement faction and the targeting of players who don't share their mindset are just a small number of the laundry list of offences committed by (most of) the current leadership.

They have no interest in bridging gaps and having peace because they thrive off (D)iscord and chaos, since a divided community is easier to manipulate. They have no interest in being understanding or finding a compromise, because that would undermine the foundations of what they've built, a cult which leaves little room for dissent. They have no interest in moving forward because they're stuck in an eternal 2017, and not in a nostalgic way.

It's the year of the Sheriff's Department and it always will be, forever. GTA:W could've been a great opportunity to branch out, to explore a new concept, a Highway Patrol or even a well-done, investigation-focused BOI, but thanks to the duplicity and the uninspired spirits of this group of people who believe themselves to be sole holders of the truth in matters of roleplay quality, the community has once more slumped back into the same dichotomy of LSPD/LSSD and the implementation of the same tried California tropes (but only when it suits them), a show that's been doing re-runs for almost a decade uninterrupted. 

Creating a successful marketing campaign around the «providing quality police roleplay» mantra is the one, single thing these people have come up with. Everything else is an outright rip-off that rejects all accusations of lacking originality with the trite excuse that "it's realistic" and therefore above all kinds of criticisms. And since they couldn't come up with something innovative, they forced the entire server to play by the delusion they call reality, but that really is a collection of L.A. Times headlines and 60 minutes reports about the Lynwood Vikings.

Now of course this may seem undesirable, unwarranted, undeserved and if these people were more open to views different from theirs there might be a way to find an agreement, a settlement of sorts. As someone who saw Wildcat turn from a benevolent faction leader into the authoritarian tyrant of a religious sect that worships the LASD MPP, there is nothing that I wish more than rolling the system back to a different time and place, where people played the game instead of taking part in some futile realism contests. 

Unfortunately, he and his cohorts are too drunk on power, too far gone believing their own hype to realize their methods only sow more division within the community, and you don't really have to look further than the whole debacle that originated this thread for evidence of what the purity spiraling on behalf of these people led to: there is no honor among thieves, and the guy who thinks he's a better roleplayer than you is right behind the corner.

I was at the side of this new Caesar named Wildcat as his Legate when he complained about Foran and his gang of M4-toting Chiefs, who ruled the rooster and bullied SADOC, strong of the support of his faction and of an LFM who cared about everything except roleplay. Now that Wildcat and his praetorians are the ones calling LFM to shut LSDA investigators down for interfering with his faction, it should perhaps be a good idea to remember what happened to Foran once his popular support ran out and LFM turned on him.

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall. 

v4YG4Pp.jpg

Proof?

• TyJ locked this topic