The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

2 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

A follow up on this. Now while I don't approve the coup attempt that happened, it's no secret that there are definitely changes that need to be made. You state that Nervous considered most of the complaints not worthy for removing an entire leadership team, yet did not go further into detail. The complaints made were at least of some merit, with some clever wording by the previous staff member to convince Nervous to do a full leadership change. 

With that being said, the complaints (at least a few that I know about) were deemed to be at least of some merit, and is actually kind of troubling to hear coming from the faction, especially with you as leader. After all you and me have known each other since 2010. What is the stance on trying to fix the situations followed by complaints that were considered of merit, just not of enough seriousness to warrant a full leadership change. 

What I mean by that, is the horrible OOC favoritism that is showcased, or at minimum, has been showcased in the past 2-3 years I've been with this community. Is there any plans to fix some of these situations that have been caused by the countless OOC cliques that have formed in not just the main leadership, but also the lower leadership as well? 

We are taking corrective steps. We have an anonymous survey open to the faction for an extended period of time to allow people to think and give their honest feedback.

As for OOC favoritism, I'm not sure I can agree with that one. To combat this perception, we are doubling down on and enforcing activity requirements for SS/CS/ES. People who do not meet activity requirements will be reduced in rank, regardless of who they are. 

57 minutes ago, fifth beatle eli said:

Make custody a separate fac and give us Bolingbroke

Hi,

It would not be our responsibility to do so, but if the opportunity for a separate faction that could better cater to a custody / correctional environment arose we would support it fully. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, nottoday said:

In all honesty? I'd love to see more co-operation between SD & other LEO factions, specifically SFM & SAPR.

FRANK DOOLEY HERE

Not sure why you feel there's a lack of cooperation between SD and SAPR, but rest assured, we coordinate and cooperate on nearly every call that we respond to and we even conduct some joint training periodically.  I've been a part of SAPR since its creation and now lead the faction and I'd say that relationships between the two of us have never been better.  There is an astonishing amount of on-duty and off-duty interactions between Rangers and Deputies.

Teamwork makes the dream work!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Just to clarify - we are the previous administration. 

It is our opinion that corruption roleplay / corruption permission should not be commonplace nor taken for granted. If placed in the wrong hands, corruption permission could ruin the experiences of so many illegal / civilian roleplayers. Corruption permission is deemed a privilege in the Sheriff's Department and will continue to be treated as such.

Should a member of the faction exhibit proficient skill in roleplaying to where we trust them with this complex matter, we are 100% supportive of proper portrayal of police corruption.

Oh I know but you know the saying, fresh start and all that.

I ask that and I believe it's rather important because /in my experience/ every SD person I've met has shown weird vibes. Like their roleplay is great but it is very /obvious/ they're corrupt if that makes sense? 

Don't mistake this for me wanting robodeputies, far from it. I appreciate the roleplay they do give and the fact they act like human beings but they take that to the extreme. It's inviting people looking into them via IA or whatever. 

Regarding criticism and hopes for a better SD: all I can hope from the current leadership is to not protect and hide OOC sexual misconduct from senior members in positions of power, followed by the removal of the persons affected for their "attitude".

Not a big ask but an important one.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 4
  • TyJ locked this topic