The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

Just now, nottoday said:

In all honesty? I'd love to see more co-operation between SD & other LEO factions, specifically SFM & SAPR. I've noticed that people from those factions arent able to transfer into the department. When I asked around, I was told by both former & current SD members that its because the SD leadership don't find SAPR & SFM to be "legitimate law enforcement". Despite both factions having most of it's membership consisting of people that have done LEO RP for many many years. I'd love to hear from SD's leadership on the matter, and to see if anything is in the works to change it.

Hey, I can answer this seeing I think I made the leadership decision at the time!

While both SAPR and SFM are law enforcement factions in their own right, we do not answer transfers between those factions and ours because the scope of these factions' law enforcement duties are more focused on certrain niches like arson investigation and parks enforcement than the broader regular law enforcement duties both the LSPD and LSSD take part in across the whole map. Given these considerations, we decided it is most wise for those joining us from these two factions to go through our recruitment and field training process, so we can ensure their quality is up to what we expect.

On the cooperation field, I would say we are very much open to working together. Paleto Bay's Crime Prevention Unit has worked with SAPR a lot recently from what I have heart, and I know that my character is always able to talk to Frank Dooley on a friendly basis when we meet.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, KinnyWynny said:

once subways become a thing is lssd metro deputies going to become a thing?

and when they do where do i sign up to just ride the subway and be a subway cop?

If there is sufficient interest in the subway from a civilian/illegal standpoint and sufficient interest in the subway from a faction standpoint, it is entirely possible.

Just now, Wildcat said:

If there is sufficient interest in the subway from a civilian/illegal standpoint and sufficient interest in the subway from a faction standpoint, it is entirely possible.

To expand upon this, we briefly trialed Transit Services with the buses before, but it did not live a long life due to low interest. We are very much open to exploring niches if we have the personnel motivated to do so though, and have been quite flexible with these things in the past. That's how units like Paleto Bay's Crime Prevention Unit or Davis Station's Community Policing Oriented Services Team (COPS) came to be too. @KinnyWynny

19 minutes ago, Mitch said:

In regards to this, will SD consider reopening the Sheriffs Information Bureau? As someone who was in it as a civilian staff, I had an absolute blast in it and it was such a shame it was cut.

I did hear whispers and murmors that it was potentially going to come back, but due to the recent command shuffles, is this still the case? 

We'll look at this internally, we've recently moved towards having two station PIO's instead of SIB due to SIB's low demand, but we will see what is possible regarding civilian PIO's.

Personally, in recent months I have had nothing but positive interactions with the Sheriff's Department and its leadership. I was pretty disappointed to see you guys get replaced, but overjoyed to see you restored. There is always room for improvement in all of our factions, but I do genuienly believe that Wildcat and the current administration has what it takes to take the SD into the future. 

EDIT: Also, standalone dispatcher spots when.

Edited by TheSenate
  • Upvote 2

Well, alas, making a whole team by himself but leaves half the positions vacant, seems very smart, but sarcasm aside. While this is giving me some Roozles vibes, pretty much when PD mass reported him and Management still gave a chance, I'm still glad you were given a chance to lead SD, Wildcat, hopefully the issues will be fixed.

I do have a question, though, it's more aimed at ES, but mostly out of curiosity, what plans do you have in the pipeline to improve the faction? I know you are gathering feedback but I'm just wondering if there's any changes you wish to introduce following this...dare I say charade made by Jonesy?

Just now, lambchops said:

We'll look at this internally, we've recently moved towards having two station PIO's instead of SIB due to SIB's low demand, but we will see what is possible regarding civilian PIO's.

Feel free to reach out to me in DMs, I run the FD's side of things for PIOs and most of the civilians leave really good feedback in regards to their accessibility and what they can do, if you guys actually start looking into this, I'd be glad to give a few suggestions.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, TheSenate said:

Personally, in recent months I have had nothing but positive interactions with the Sheriff's Department and its leadership. I was pretty disappointed to see you guys get replaced, but overjoyed to see you restored. There is always room for improvement in all of our factions, but I do genuienly believe that Wildcat and the current administration has what it takes to take the SD into the future. 

@Paddy would be very interested in hearing you out about Dispatchers.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I cannot speak for Nervous, but I can tell you that Nervous considered most of the complaints to not be worthy of removing an entire leadership team. People who sacrificed hundreds (thousands in some cases) of hours for this faction were unceremoniously demoted 5-6 ranks with no option to defend themselves. In addition, LFM received a large response from line members of the faction (and even people outside of the faction) decrying how the particular former member of staff handled the coup. It was wrong and Nervous reversed it after learning the truth.

A follow up on this. Now while I don't approve the coup attempt that happened, it's no secret that there are definitely changes that need to be made. You state that Nervous considered most of the complaints not worthy for removing an entire leadership team, yet did not go further into detail. The complaints made were at least of some merit, with some clever wording by the previous staff member to convince Nervous to do a full leadership change. 

With that being said, the complaints (at least a few that I know about) were deemed to be at least of some merit, and is actually kind of troubling to hear coming from the faction, especially with you as leader. After all you and me have known each other since 2010. What is the stance on trying to fix the situations followed by complaints that were considered of merit, just not of enough seriousness to warrant a full leadership change. 

What I mean by that, is the horrible OOC favoritism that is showcased, or at minimum, has been showcased in the past 2-3 years I've been with this community. Is there any plans to fix some of these situations that have been caused by the countless OOC cliques that have formed in not just the main leadership, but also the lower leadership as well? 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, TheSenate said:

DM me at once.

• TyJ locked this topic