The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

3 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

That's all that y'know, I can really ask for, cause all it does is ruin OOC relations if it isn't handled properly. Like for a good example, I doubt anyone would be unhappy if the person was at minimum, spoken to, at least to get the point across that it ruins relations between departments more rather then less, cause again, as a side effect, whilst you do say that other serious complaints will be handled with integrity, that entire situation has generated doubt. So it's serious enough to generate doubt! Anywhom, I'm going to sleep, again, good luck as leadership!

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Oathkeeper said:

Hello,

I write this response on an alternate account because I fear my ban from this community for voicing my opinion about your group of leadership. It's no secret that those who have opposed you and your friend circle in the past are shunned from this community.

I'd like to ask a few questions on behalf of many in the legal community.

What makes you turn face now and act like you care about what people think about you and your faction? In the past, you've made it clear on multiple occasions, to other faction leaders and members of your own faction that it's your way or the highway. I've also heard multiple people have been faction banned from SD because they voiced their opinion on your leadership.

Second, why after you and your circle of leadership and long time friends (which you've been friends with and shared leadership positions with) across multiple servers, why after your group lose power you see fit to attack members of the community? Here are screenshots of bospy, a member of Executive Staff in SD, and the District Attorney, attacking members of the illegal community after they said they were happy SD leadership was changing:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm sorry, but it is completely unacceptable that this behavior from a leader of the Sheriff's Department occurred after removal from power. I think this entire thread is a fake attempt to act like this group that holds power has changed. But let's be real, I'm very skeptical. I hope Legal Faction Management reconsiders their decision to reinstate this toxic leadership and moves on for the betterment of the server and community. If I'm wrong, please prove me wrong, SD leadership.

I own my comments and alerted management about them in case they wanted to take action. The player I made comments to was removed for flaming members of the Sheriff's Department and making disrespectful comments about the faction, and where he was tagging me he had quoted my post to gloat that I was resigning. I don't find what I said to be acceptable or fair and regretted saying what I said in hindsight, but if someone wants to report me for the comments I take full accountability for them. I'm not going to hide behind words here, but this is not even remotely the worst thing that was said in that Discord and it's unfair to only quote my comments when numerous insults were thrown from both sides. IFM is present in that Discord and can attest to this. Mine were particularly heated considering I thought my long-term hobby of five years was now dead, but like I said, I take full accountability for them. If an administrator wants to investigate it, I'll give further context.

I shall also note for the record the usage of the derogatory slur towards the LGBT community - I am part of the LGBT community, but that's no excuse for me to be using that word maliciously because it makes people uncomfortable and as I said I immediately regretted the use shortly afterwards.

Also, this wasn't behavior that occurred after removal from power. I was never forced out of any position. I voluntarily (briefly) resigned but rescinded that resignation and my position in the faction is as an advisor. I hold no leadership roles.

Edited by Bospy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

Quoted from what Nervous posted:

I don't seem to understand. Did Nervous vote to completely remove the entire faction leadership based on a single admins word? Or were there reports collected/evidence. If there was evidence/reports, what has changed since receiving those reports?

I have no clue, you would have to ask the big Panda.

38 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

It appears that Nervous was misled by a certain former member of the administration team. Ultimately, based upon resounding feedback from members of the LSSD, the decision was reversed. That being said, we are keeping an open mind and willing to accept any feedback to make the faction better. 

I'm sorry, how many of these people were your friends or people you have known for an extensive amount of time? As soon as you were removed, lots of your friends began commenting cringy posts like this.

unknown.png

What about all of the people who had resigned and then rescinded their reinstatments as soon as you were reinstated?

• Upvote 1

One thing I liked was the publishing of disciplinary history - although I can't for the life of me seem to be able to find them on the forums now. Do you guys have a specific part of the department that does them and is it done at the end of each month or is it just as and when a disciplinary is issued some list gets amended?

2 minutes ago, lambchops said:

2 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I respect you guys for being public about this and I appreciate the responses. Being public/open and talking with the community is nice to see and is appreciated.

• Web Developer
2 minutes ago, Westen said:

One thing I liked was the publishing of disciplinary history - although I can't for the life of me seem to be able to find them on the forums now. Do you guys have a specific part of the department that does them and is it done at the end of each month or is it just as and when a disciplinary is issued some list gets amended?

Hello! You can find them here: https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=20279

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Oathkeeper said:

I'm sorry, how many of these people were your friends or people you have known for an extensive amount of time? As soon as you were removed, lots of your friends began commenting cringy posts like this.

unknown.png

What about all of the people who had resigned and then rescinded their reinstatments as soon as you were reinstated?

I held off on replying to you because I know who you are, but alas.

While I am on good terms with all of those people, none of them are personally close with me. Besides Aces, who I spoke to following the coup, it has been weeks since I have spoken to any of the above names. Please try better. Thank you.

Edited by Wildcat

In all honesty? I'd love to see more co-operation between SD & other LEO factions, specifically SFM & SAPR. While looking through the SD's website to check it out, I've noticed that people from those factions arent allowed to transfer into the department. When I asked around, I was told by both former & current SD members that its because the SD leadership don't find SAPR & SFM to be "legitimate law enforcement". Despite both factions having most of their memberships consisting of people that have done LEO RP for many many years & on an IC standpoint, having the exact same POST Qualifications as Deputies. I'd love to hear from SD's leadership on the matter, and to see if anything is in the works to change it.

Edited by nottoday
  • Upvote 1
  • TyJ locked this topic