The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

Hi,

Given recent events, my leadership team and I are seeking feedback from the community on where the Sheriff's Department can improve. As always, the purpose of the Sheriff's Department is to provide a quality police roleplay experience to the server above all else. We are open to any feedback and will respond to most queries.

The Sheriff's Department Leadership Team:

@Wildcat (Sheriff)

@lambchops (Undersheriff)

@chaika (Assistant Sheriff)

@Lomenga (Assistant Sheriff)

@Keane (Chief)

@Stephen (Chief, Custody)

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Wildcat
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Hi there! Just a quick question for those that can answer.

I'm assuming the current leadership is not being replaced then? I'm confused given Nervous' posts and responses, but it was never clarified to me.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the leadership team is status quo ante bellum. No one from that administration remains in leadership.

5 minutes ago, Anders said:

I mean, how will you handle corruption and corruption perms compared to the previous administration?

Just to clarify - we are the previous administration. 

It is our opinion that corruption roleplay / corruption permission should not be commonplace nor taken for granted. If placed in the wrong hands, corruption permission could ruin the experiences of so many illegal / civilian roleplayers. Corruption permission is deemed a privilege in the Sheriff's Department and will continue to be treated as such.

Should a member of the faction exhibit proficient skill in roleplaying to where we trust them with this complex matter, we are 100% supportive of proper portrayal of police corruption.

Edited by Wildcat
  • Upvote 3

Hello,

I write this response on an alternate account because I fear my ban from this community for voicing my opinion about your group of leadership. It's no secret that those who have opposed you and your friend circle in the past are shunned from this community.

I'd like to ask a few questions on behalf of many in the legal community.

What makes you turn face now and act like you care about what people think about you and your faction? In the past, you've made it clear on multiple occasions, to other faction leaders and members of your own faction that it's your way or the highway. I've also heard multiple people have been faction banned from SD because they voiced their opinion on your leadership.

Second, why after you and your circle of leadership and long time friends (which you've been friends with and shared leadership positions with) across multiple servers, why after your group lose power you see fit to attack members of the community? Here are screenshots of bospy, a member of Executive Staff in SD, and the District Attorney, attacking members of the illegal community after they said they were happy SD leadership was changing:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm sorry, but it is completely unacceptable that this behavior from a leader of the Sheriff's Department occurred after removal from power. I think this entire thread is a fake attempt to act like this group that holds power has changed. But let's be real, I'm very skeptical. I hope Legal Faction Management reconsiders their decision to reinstate this toxic leadership and moves on for the betterment of the server and community. If I'm wrong, please prove me wrong, SD leadership.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

Nothing but constructive criticism from my end in that case, I'm not really looking for a response to my points, I'm more-so pointing this out as a "Hey, you can improve on these points".

The most heard about issue from my perspective is corruption issues, both IC and OOC, in a way where apparently it had gotten to a point where the SAGOV Senators were somehow having issues and filing complaints on individual deputies. One issue that I've heard of is apparently someone leaking complaints, granted it wasn't an IA complaint, but a complaint regardless, be it either in OOC channels or whatever, a supervisor leaking complaints basically. There's also been complaints about individual deputies thinking they're untouchable and pretty much throwing all logic out the window when it comes to speaking with people (basically speaking to people in a rather demeaning way). I don't have any concrete examples, but enough people have been talking about these individual instances for it to somehow be known to me.

I've also, personally, witnessed issues with cooperation for certain other factions, or rather, lack there of, it shows that the department is heavily lacking people designated for Public Relations or rather Department Relations, being in LSFD myself, I know that a lot of people in LSFD are quite unhappy with the general lack-of-cooperation the SD has shown for certain things, but when asking people, nobody was able to cite me certain examples so take what I said with a pitch of salt and boil it down to what I said originally about having people responsible for Public Relations. I dunno how much on the scale of realism the LSSD is trying to copy the LASD, but I highly doubt any Public Relations Division would allow a Sheriff to put another department or office on blast on social media or via any press releases, as it only hurts the department more then anything else.

I don't know the reason for the mass-resignations, I don't know why everyone instantly tried to re-instate as soon as you got replaced, but honestly, I highly suggest looking into those issues, from an outsider, it honestly seems very sus that it had happened, but I suggest talking with some of the people, 1:1 on Discord, getting their feedback and looking into improvements via their feedback, and I'm not talking group chats, that's not gonna get you anywhere really.

Take this as a single post, I'm not trying to put LSSD on blast, this is mostly stuff that I've heard from people roleplaying with LSSD so I'm unsure how accurate any of this is, I've attached as many suggestions to all of the issues to hopefully help your leadership, good luck!

EDIT P.S. I do actually appreciate the fact that you've opened up this thread for criticism, although it'll most likely be locked due to some people not providing actual criticism and just bashing the department cause you're in it. But regardless of it, it shows that at least you're looking to work on these issues.

Edited by Biscuit

Why were you removed in the first place? If the reasons for removal were so egregious that Nervous himself wanted a full removal, why would you be put back into the same position that you were removed from? I mean no disrespect and am genuinely asking.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Zach.. said:

Why were you removed in the first place? If the reasons for removal were so egregious that Nervous himself wanted a full removal, why would you be put back into the same position that you were removed from? I mean no disrespect and am genuinely asking.

It appears that Nervous was misled by a certain former member of the administration team. Ultimately, based upon resounding feedback from members of the LSSD, the decision was reversed. That being said, we are keeping an open mind and willing to accept any feedback to make the faction better. 

• TyJ locked this topic