Can we talk about powergamey /examines? Main character syndrome

Kappaurel

While amusing, and I have been guilty of cracking a grin at the description of the petite Asian girl with detailed described bouncing melons for breasts. 

When I read. "This woman is head turning hotness" or "In west LS born and raised, he had a hard upbringing." In the examine I see a player who wants to describe something without quite knowing how, and has inexperience in writing descriptions that depicts what they want. The intension is good, the understanding of how to write that their character is stunning without right out stating it, needs some research and practise. I can't judge them too harshly for that.

Most of the time a bad description just cheers me up. But in reality a badly worded description can risk affecting how people perceive your character before they have roleplayed with you. 

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Alright, hello!

You know, this is something I've brought up in my group of friends a couple times, and they usually agreed ... so I said: "Let's talk about this in the Discussion area of GTAW". Powergamey / Main Character Syndrome Attributes! Of course I'm using "powergamey" as a tiny tiny way of PG if anything, not like I'm actually going to report them.

What am I talking about? Well, this sort of things, I have censored names and ways to identify the people cause this is not about starting a witch hunt.

niac0SR.png

dqiYzYe.png

Come on, "she would lighten up every room she walks into, PEOPLE WOULD STOP AND STARE... AM I BEING FORCED TO LOOK AT HER NOW? MY RP IS BEING FORCED, THIS IS HELLA POWERGAME... nah, I'm kidding but... you know what I mean. Why try to become the main character of the whole room through an /examine?

Also "easily recognizable as a social medial personality 'facebrowseraccount'is also quite... eh.

Alright! I just want to hear some opinions about this, am I a snowflake for getting mildly annoyed by this, or is this feeling shared?

I mean it's not really on the level of breaking the RP experience for everyone but I would agree the character description is funny as fuck to read but also cringe. Still though it ain't much of a big deal unless the description actively sexualizes a minor.

Edited by KingstonThaIII

Can we all admit we're a lil toxic and love these for the entertainment value? Tell me we don't immediate snip the stupid ones and share them like tiktoks.
It's also a good warning sign to what you will be RPing with if you interact. 

• Upvote 6

I say we permit these kind of attributes so we can avoid them instead of forcing them to copy paste an attributes template and have them blend in with the rest. 

One, we get content, two, we stay the fuck away.

• Upvote 1
  • Auntie locked this topic