Can we talk about powergamey /examines? Main character syndrome

Kappaurel

On 5/18/2022 at 7:06 AM, hipsxn said:

this pretty much. If I see someone with a cringey examine I personally just ignore it & if it’s powergame like I’ll pm them and give them some positive criticism rather than scolding them for it. 

i understand this is an English server but not everyone speaks English as their first language therefore creating sentences that make sense to a native speaker may be difficult to them so helping them out with some constructive criticism is never a bad thing. I have many friends that I was in LEO factions on this server which had issues creating sentences although were some of the nicest individuals on here. Doesn’t hurt to help someone out rather than putting them down.

• Upvote 1

While it doesn't really "fall" under Rule 19;

"Character descriptions must describe the character's general demeanour and appearance for players involved with roleplay. Character descriptions should not intentionally sexualize the character and should be rather neutral in describing the character. For clarification, this covers the character description script that a player can set using /attributes and another player can view using /examine."

This rule goes for Sexual RP Rules and generalized attributes if you want me to be honest. Admins will crack down on crazy /attributes if you simply /report them in-game. But we don't go around for fun and do /examine to every player to make sure they are up to standards. 

For those confused on what attributes should look like?

"Stands 5'10" and looks to be around 250LBS, speaks with a slightly deeper voice. Looks to be of a Hispanic decent. A noticeable scar runs through the side of his face that looks to be a few CM's deep. Speaks with somewhat of an attitude at all times and seems to be a "pushy" type of person" - This describes a character perfectly and doesn't really go into any of those "extreme" sides of an /attribute. It gives some information about the player, what they look like, what they might sound like and a general 'demeanor' that isn't over execrated or can be PG'ed. If someone genuinely speaks with an attitude all the time, it's okay to mark that down, just like if you spoke with an NY accent.

For those confused what an attribute that might break the rules looks like?

"Stands 7'3" and weighs 150LBS, was abused his whole life and doesn't know how to speak to people, butt looks fantastic, thighs thick asf, base is 10/10, is a former Navy Seal cross-fit Delta Operator that now works for the Secret Service. Don't mess with me or you might die."

or

"Is a Secret Service Operator from the USA, won tons of rewards, you might see me online at 5-10 server time"

TLDR? AN ATTRIBUTE DESCRIBES WHAT YOU WOULD NOTICE ABOUT SOMEONE - NOT THEIR PERSONAL LIFE AND FAMILY BACKGROUND. ATTRIBUTES ARE USED FOR THINGS THAT WE DON'T HAVE IN-GAME AND THE ABILITY TO PHYSICALLY SHOW. YOU SHOULDN'T WRITE WHAT YOU ARE WEARING IN /ATTRIBUTES IF WE CAN PHYSICALLY SEE IT (obviously a neckless/ring might be a different case if its all fancy). If you put in your /attributes that you are speak with an Irish Accent, don't be surprised when someone comes up to you and goes "Oh your Irish?" after they heard you speak for ten minutes. If you don't like someone's /examine - /report.

Thanks,

Love Pillsbury

• Upvote 10
  • Applaud 1
  • Auntie locked this topic