Can we talk about powergamey /examines? Main character syndrome

Kappaurel

13 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Tbh, I like detailed descriptions, especially when it really describes something on the character. As said I came from community which relies heavily on details, cause of game's limitations in this. Though I am glad I don't see shit like "Voice: Hugh Jackman" or "Theme song: Hammerfall Hearts on Fire" here.

A lot of people on this server have this attitude against detailed descriptions. Roleplaying is about writing not about playing yourself as a gangbanger.

You're writing a story with someone else, and making use of the English language to develop your character through facial expressions, change of tone, small details like describing small flaws in their clothes or car or whatever should be the standard.

People here are afraid of writing more than 250 words in an emote.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

A lot of people on this server have this attitude against detailed descriptions. Roleplaying is about writing not about playing yourself as a gangbanger.

You're writing a story with someone else, and making use of the English language to develop your character through facial expressions, change of tone, small details like describing small flaws in their clothes or car or whatever should be the standard.

Well sometimes few lines are sufficient, especially during fast paced scenes, but then text roleplay is supposed to be turn based, so go figure.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

they can't comprehend this... delete it now...

On 5/23/2022 at 7:13 AM, Cocaine Capital said:

I purposefully roleplay the exact opposite anytime I see people like this. Oh you are attractive. /me looks over at blank in utter disgust. “God damn they’re ugly”

Beat them at their own game.

• Upvote 1
  • Auntie locked this topic