Can we talk about powergamey /examines? Main character syndrome

Kappaurel

Alright, hello!

You know, this is something I've brought up in my group of friends a couple times, and they usually agreed ... so I said: "Let's talk about this in the Discussion area of GTAW". Powergamey / Main Character Syndrome Attributes! Of course I'm using "powergamey" as a tiny tiny way of PG if anything, not like I'm actually going to report them.

What am I talking about? Well, this sort of things, I have censored names and ways to identify the people cause this is not about starting a witch hunt.

niac0SR.png

dqiYzYe.png

Come on, "she would lighten up every room she walks into, PEOPLE WOULD STOP AND STARE... AM I BEING FORCED TO LOOK AT HER NOW? MY RP IS BEING FORCED, THIS IS HELLA POWERGAME... nah, I'm kidding but... you know what I mean. Why try to become the main character of the whole room through an /examine?

Also "easily recognizable as a social medial personality 'facebrowseraccount'is also quite... eh.

Alright! I just want to hear some opinions about this, am I a snowflake for getting mildly annoyed by this, or is this feeling shared?

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

Personal favourites are when you know their whole lifes history and what they ate for breakfast just by looking at them. Is it pointless and annoying? Yeah. Do i really care? Not really. 

Smgxn1f.png

You can see that he owns the only business of the server offering skydiving in his eyes bruv.

I got a lot of these saved LMAO.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1

Fot a second, I thought this was going to be about the 6'15" body building 12 year old characters that people legitimately claim to have done prison time for murder.

But these examples are interesting, if a little depressing. These are things that a player should not be deciding for others.

8 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Smgxn1f.png

You can see that he owns the only business of the server offering skydiving in his eyes bruv.

I got a lot of these saved LMAO.

This one feels a little extra power-gamey. How does he know he's the only one? What happens to his description if another opens up?

17 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Fot a second, I thought this was going to be about the 6'15" body building 12 year old characters that people legitimately claim to have done prison time for murder.

But these examples are interesting, if a little depressing. These are things that a player should not be deciding for others.

Me too.

• Auntie locked this topic