Paroling/Switching Slots of Jail Characters.

TYLENOL

Hello.

I'd like your guys opinion on the concept of paroling lifer slot characters, via switching them into empty slots, and roleplaying with them on the streets. I don't believe this is a thing yet, and I doubt it will become a thing, but I think it would be pretty cool. If you make a character with the lifer slot, and you grow attached to the character, you're very limited on things to do in jail after a certain point, jail of course is very restrictive. I think it should be possible for lifers to apply for parole and if granted by SD, an admin allows them to create their character in a vacant non-jail slot, preferably with assets transferred, or just have the character transferred completely, if possible. I don't think this should be commonly done, just for people who clearly put time and effort into their characters and want to explore them further in the outside world.

Edited by TYLENOL

I don't see reasons not to, I guess? Kind of defeats the purpose of a lifer character, but at the same time, at no point has it been stated that lifers are on life without parole (to my knowledge, but it also says jail-only so we could argue).

Also, as far as I remember, the SD already has a program for parole which you can apply for, so this therefore should not be that difficult to implement.

24 minutes ago, TYLENOL said:

Hello.

I'd like your guys opinion on the concept of paroling lifer slot characters, via switching them into empty slots, and roleplaying with them on the streets. I don't believe this is a thing yet, and I doubt it will become a thing, but I think it would be pretty cool. If you make a character with the lifer slot, and you grow attached to the character, you're very limited on things to do in jail after a certain point, jail of course is very restrictive. I think it should be possible for lifers to apply for parole and if granted by SD, an admin allows them to create their character in a vacant non-jail slot, preferably with assets transferred, or just have the character transferred completely, if possible. I don't think this should be commonly done, just for people who clearly put time and effort into their characters and want to explore them further in the outside world.

I could understand this in certain cases as an interesting development, but isn't it hard to justify parole for the average lifer considering the amount of murders and assaults that are (as far as I can see) regularly orchestrated by these characters in TTCF?

Who would realistically be released on parole like that when they are involved in prison gangs and consistently are at least accessory to more homicides and assaults while locked up? I think the lifer characters that would be able to apply for parole without making the whole judicial system look like a joke considering the level of violence of TTCF would be exceptionally low, unless you're talking months of IC rehabilitation RP, but that's already a niche within a niche.

At that point everyone would have to RP a sudden and shocking technicality or new evidence found that somehow made the case against them crumble, or all these one-in-a-million situations.

Edited by Koko

People have raised fair a point that there is nothing explicitly mentioned OOC about it being life without parole, and with the amount of lifer characters, it'd be unreasonable to expect them all to be possibility w/o parole.

Although, with that said, the entire point of a jail character slot is for it to be a dedicated jail character. You should not create or transfer a character to the slot if *you do not plan to dedicate that character to jail*. Without that stipulation it'd basically just be another free character slot just you start in jail (unless you have a char transferred to the slot).

51 minutes ago, hentai! said:

I don't see reasons not to, I guess? Kind of defeats the purpose of a lifer character, but at the same time, at no point has it been stated that lifers are on life without parole (to my knowledge, but it also says jail-only so we could argue).

Also, as far as I remember, the SD already has a program for parole which you can apply for, so this therefore should not be that difficult to implement.

Currently the parole system is weighed down by some unrealistic and unreasonable expectations. Anyone with an LEO related charge is auto denied regardless of how long ago it was committed and how the inmate has rehabilitated. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic