What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

12 hours ago, NickyW said:

but i'm glad you "came from these communites" (for reference, i also grew up in a gang area with several people who'd later get into gang shit. and hooligans that we were, we learned about miranda v arizona and terry v ohio in 9th grade american government class.

Not all American public school systems go through this though and that’s something that is misunderstood and a lot of that is by design. I never learned any of those case laws in high school and anything that came out with Supreme Court related incidents typically focused on civil rights issues when it came to curriculum. Actually thinking about it, I learned more about prohibition and RICO more than any of those case laws that I could apply in my day to day. 

You can be inclined to disagree but the reality is that both of our statements can be true. I see a percentage of people who think they know their rights and do not, where as you may see enough people who are informed but both are likely a small percentage on either of the spectrum because America is a big place. 

Regardless the issue at hand isn’t that people are roleplaying pulling out their phones and still being wrong or possibly being right, the issue is that people immediately escalate to being street lawyers with 100% accuracy for Supreme Court case laws but then turn around and say “I’m a hotheaded dumb criminal so that’s why I shot you on that traffic stop. I’m on cocaine and xannys, I can’t think straight” 

Sure in the grand scheme of things who cares who’s right or who’s wrong, nothing is going to effectively get done about it and we’ll continue the cycle of complaining but it wouldn’t be a roleplay server if people did not complain about shit.

RP communities are about on the same level as Twitter 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

No, but they know ooc that 90% of gang members carry weapons and try to get them on any kind of charge. Shit’s ridiculous and shouldn’t happen

They can’t initiate a traffic stop just because they feel like it unless they already have motive such as your vehicle matching a description of a vehicle involved in a crime, you’re speeding, moving violation, driving erratically etc. More than likely if someone is caught on a traffic stop, it’s because of something they did to get pulled over in the first place.

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Brofessor said:

They can’t initiate a traffic stop just because they feel like it unless they already have motive such as your vehicle matching a description of a vehicle involved in a crime, you’re speeding, moving violation, driving erratically etc. More than likely if someone is caught on a traffic stop, it’s because of something they did first to get pulled over in the first place.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

Yeah but why would missing a yield result in 4 people being dragged out of a car to be searched? That doesn’t make sense, especially if everyone is complying. No bubble is burst here because there’s nothing to burst.

8 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

When someone was having a heroin overdose and someone was trying to record their face in front of cops. And when she weakly kicked her leg out in frustration, they saw that as reason to bring 3 other gang members while armed to beat her

get the fuck out of davis then, u clearly have a dislike for gang characters so why tf are u even around davis? go to rockford hills lol

9 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Yeah but why would missing a yield result in 4 people being dragged out of a car to be searched? That doesn’t make sense, especially if everyone is complying. No bubble is burst here because there’s nothing to burst.

That I would be suspect about as well and I’d honestly ask someone well versed in the law here (one of the IC lawyers). I don’t think that particular situation would result in a legal search, if their initial reason for your stop was because you didn’t yield. They can’t just search you because they feel like it at that point. I may be wrong. I’ll defer to people who may know better. 

@bartman @Power @Bospy I’ve seen you around legal cases, apologies for the tag. Any insight on this? If a car is pulled over for failure to yield at a light, what constitutes a police officer’s right to search their persons and/or vehicle from that point? 

Edited by Brofessor
1 hour ago, Brofessor said:

That I would be suspect about as well and I’d honestly ask someone well versed in the law here (one of the IC lawyers). I don’t think that particular situation would result in a legal search, if their initial reason for your stop was because you didn’t yield. They can’t just search you because they feel like it at that point. I may be wrong. I’ll defer to people who may know better. 

@bartman @Power @Bospy I’ve seen you around legal cases, apologies for the tag. Any insight on this? If a car is pulled over for failure to yield at a light, what constitutes a police officer’s right to search their persons and/or vehicle from that point? 

They literally do, though… that’s why I said it lol 

If you have a criminal record and they observe that during a traffic stop, especially one where you have prior of being an armed felon? Yes, they'll frisk you.

Happens in real life, all the time. More frequently than you can even fathom. This isn't one of those "Happens in a blue moon"... these types get frisked, all the time, in 2022, because there's Case Laws to protect them as they do it.

• Thanks 1