What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

7 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

How dare you bring logic and reasoning into this. Cops bad. Always search for no reason. /s

😂

It's illegal to search someone solely because they have previously been convicted of some crime unless they are on probation. There needs to be probable cause established based on articulable facts. Driving behind random cars just to run their plate to see if someone is a felon just so you can stop and search them is not it. It just shows how uneducated you cop roleplayers are but for some reason you still decide to complain about criminal roleplayers.

1 minute ago, sCrax said:

It's illegal to search someone solely because they have previously been convicted of some crime unless they are on probation. There needs to be probable cause established based on articulable facts. Driving behind random cars just to run their plate to see if someone is a felon just so you can stop and search them is not it. It just shows how uneducated you cop roleplayers are but for some reason you still decide to complain about criminal roleplayers.

Seems like you're taking something IC OOCly.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, NickyW said:

i know it's not really relevant to the conversation, but I always think this casual elitism is funny.

I find it equally as funny when the 14 year old hood Cochran is rattling off docket numbers at me and quoting it exactly as it's written like they copied and pasted it. But hey, one is casual elitism and the other is borderline metagaming. But who's counting? Am I right?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

There's a difference between frisk and search. You don't need PC to frisk someone.

To elaborate further on this;

Terry frisk means the pat down for weapons. They do not dig their hands into your pockets, socks, etc. They pat the outer clothing of your characters in an attempt to feel for weapons. You need reasonable suspicion on this. Therefore, an officer can ask you to step out of your vehicle at any time AND/OR perform a terry frisk on you if they got reasonable suspicion.

Search means body search, they will dig their hands into your pockets and so on, looking for virtually anything but targetted mainly on illegal items. You need Probable Cause for this.

I hope that clears up any confusion. @sCrax

Edited by thekillergreece
6 hours ago, NickyW said:

like it's horrible portrayal and super unrealistic for kids in the hood (who make their living off breaking the law) to not study up on shit when they're A: completely governed by those laws and B: are almost always marginalized people who are subject to the law more than others.

The amount of people who actually do this in these areas is an extremely small percentage. Most people are usually not informed or use misinformation to state their rights. This is why MOST of these people get lawyers because a large majority don't know what their talking about. So yes, as someone who comes from these communities, the amount of people who suddenly become street lawyers out of the blue is wildly unrealistic because they usually just copy and paste shit at you. The only realistic portion is that a good portion of the time, most of them do not know how to apply what they're googling correctly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
5 hours ago, Jedai said:

The amount of people who actually do this in these areas is an extremely small percentage. Most people are usually not informed or use misinformation to state their rights. This is why MOST of these people get lawyers because a large majority don't know what their talking about. So yes, as someone who comes from these communities, the amount of people who suddenly become street lawyers out of the blue is wildly unrealistic because they usually just copy and paste shit at you. The only realistic portion is that a good portion of the time, most of them do not know how to apply what they're googling correctly. 

as someone who literally does this for a living and routinely deals with suspects, reads over dozens of police reports + interviews daily, and spends several hours a week in court....i'm inclined to disagree

but i'm glad you "came from these communites" (for reference, i also grew up in a gang area with several people who'd later get into gang shit. and hooligans that we were, we learned about miranda v arizona and terry v ohio in 9th grade american government class.

most of them do not know how to apply what they're googling correctly

so very similar to GTAW lawyers lmao

8 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I find it equally as funny when the 14 year old hood Cochran is rattling off docket numbers at me and quoting it exactly as it's written like they copied and pasted it. But hey, one is casual elitism and the other is borderline metagaming. But who's counting? Am I right?

Yeah because it's incredibly unrealistic for a kid to yank out his phone and try to be a smartass. That's TOTALLY unrealistic and hasn't happened a billion times just this month.

But if we're talking about what's funny: pretending to be a police officer and getting butthurt when someone else pretends to be something they're not. you're both fucking posers lmao why get mad about it

• Upvote 3