What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

I've seen situations where admins permit civilians using a PF/CCW to defend themselves against two criminals armed with baseball bats, and they permit it.

It's not black and white, and people are severely over-exaggerating things on this topic. 

My char didn't respond to a robbery by shaking in fear. In fact, he was neutral. He's like "A'ight, you caught me lackin', take whatever" throughout that interaction... 5 armed robbers on one. It was fine because it suited my character, an ex-con that banged for 6 years + 6 more years inside TTCF, which is 12 years of experience in the struggle.

Fear RP isn't just "shaking in fear"... it's learning to play it smart in a situation while knowing when you're at a disadvantage in accordance with your character's development.

Reason as to why you have to explain your backstory to an admin? Simply because your character ISN'T a criminal, and the admin needs a greater understanding of your character to comprehend the justification behind your character's actions.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

Unrelated to what you fine folks are talking about but

unknown.png

People think like this but have no FUCKING clue what they're actually saying and makes me wonder where they actually live. This sentence alone has blown my mind and it makes sense why robbery roleplay is seen with such disgust. Even with COVID, if I see someone walking around with a ski mask on, I'm definitely keeping my eyes on you my boy, you are BUGGING if you think otherwise. 

• Upvote 7
20 hours ago, Jeroen said:

A lot players escalate a verbal conflict into a gunfight on a whim with the reasoning "It happens in real life so it's realistic."

and yet staff doesn't care when you report them back because you can't take an L LOL

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Fear RP isn't just "shaking in fear"... it's learning to play it smart in a situation while knowing when you're at a disadvantage in accordance with your character's development.

Reason as to why you have to explain your backstory to an admin? Simply because your character ISN'T a criminal, and the admin needs a greater understanding of your character to comprehend the justification behind your character's actions.

You're very right! Fear manifests itself in many ways through people, however I disagree with something. I strongly believe Fear RP should apply to everyone within reason, and not just apply to those who fall victim to those crimes. The most common criminals are actually just petty criminals. Regular people who just happen to make a dumb mistake, say commit some shoplifting, or do some snatching and running and it usually stops there. Few of those people will see a firearm let alone hold one, firearms are common in both the US and EU respectively with varying amounts per country/state, but they're not in every hand.

You have to take a lot of these things into account. And even for a career, or well-seasoned criminal, fear is not an option. - Hell, fear isn't even an option for police or trained military personnel if you want to stretch it that far, fear in itself is a valid human factor that people may or may not learn to cope with better than some others through training and exposure. Fear never really goes away. Like you said, it's not black and white and depends on the person.

It's true though, admins do need to get that information out of you to comprehend the whys and hows, so while it might not seem fair it's really necessary in reality.

Going into a stripclub, being hit on by a biker gang for 5 minutes and then they proceeded to beat up my friend in the toilets because he talked to me while they flirted with me...after knowing my character for all of 5 minutes. He got glassed on his head, kicked in his ribs by 5 guys and then chucked out the building onto the street.

Realism.

6 hours ago, Jedai said:

Unrelated to what you fine folks are talking about but

unknown.png

People think like this but have no FUCKING clue what they're actually saying and makes me wonder where they actually live. This sentence alone has blown my mind and it makes sense why robbery roleplay is seen with such disgust. Even with COVID, if I see someone walking around with a ski mask on, I'm definitely keeping my eyes on you my boy, you are BUGGING if you think otherwise. 

it's just a modern trend in the US nowadays, Southeast, Westcoast, Northeast. pmuch anywhere bro. see the shit all time

at a gas station, parking lots etc. ski-masks n shoulderbags to conceal small ass handguns, tight denim ripped jeans, dirty ass ethika briefs & creased black forces, fake ass

designer belts off wish and shein purchased t-shirts, middle of the mall chains and watches. 

nonetheless, ur speaking facts tho, i'd deff would be lookin at someone rockin a ski-mask regardless if it's a trend.