What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

51 minutes ago, kiroshu said:

We are playing GTA simulation, grand theft auto.  If we were playing the sims simulation it would be different . No violence and more of what we do in our normal lives . Too bad we are playing grand theft auto world . A world of violence and crime just like the game was meant to be.  

So standards should go out the window so you can live out your violent fantasies? Lol no. Just because we’re playing GTA doesn’t mean this should become a DM server. Straight cringe.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Brofessor said:

So standards should go out the window so you can live out your violent fantasies? Lol no. Just because we’re playing GTA doesn’t mean this should become a DM server. Straight cringe.

I haven’t played this in months , because how bad it’s gotten. 

2 hours ago, kiroshu said:

I haven’t played this in months , because how bad it’s gotten. 

I don't blame you, this whole subject of poor escalations along with the fact how easy it is for some people to get butthurt over a worthless IC situation, and how some people manage to move IC issues from in-game onto Discord then turn it into a real animosity are the reasons I don't play anymore.. One year of gameplay was enough for me to decide I didn't need that toxicity in my life, especially when playing a videogame shall be about having fun and not going through arguments, and to be honest it's been good since I've taken that decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Gato said:

I don't blame you, this whole subject of poor escalations along with the fact how easy it is for some people to get butthurt over a worthless IC situation, and how some people manage to move IC issues from in-game onto Discord then turn it into a real animosity are the reasons I don't play anymore.. One year of gameplay was enough for me to decide I didn't need that toxicity in my life, especially when playing a videogame shall be about having fun and not going through arguments, and to be honest it's been good since I've taken that decision.

Well said 🤝

On 5/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, Pillsbury said:

I agree. Mentality is a huge thing of it. Some people generally just think it's okay to shoot over everything and anything in the world, and have no "emotion" for it whether it's actually "right" to do so in the time. Population is something I've always said because it use to be a huge argument back in the day. It's also one of the easier ways to explain it to people when they go "it happens in real life, here's a video" - and the video is from 2010 of a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper doing a cart-wheel backflip over five cars and shooting a suspect from three miles away with his .22 pistol, or the Gang Member who was able to take over an entire City while killing 500 cops at once (these are massive exaggerations) but the point still stands. Just because it happened once every five years, doesn't mean people are able to use that excuse here and make "good rp" out of it.

It's a discussion that Administrators have constantly and it's the reason I'm posting here, sometimes people have some good examples of what might be the problem or what they see daily. I don't see everything, most days I'm doing reports. It's best coming from the players who are involved/that see it 🙂

(On a side note, let's make sure this discussion stays appropriate as it could turn out to be a half decent one. You can agree to disagree at worst :P)

Sooooooo.... Martial law and Troopers when? Cmon fam

On 5/16/2022 at 11:30 PM, Brofessor said:

All the time. It’s usually outside of a bar or club or even inside the establishment. Hell I’ve seen a simple denial of a dude hitting on a girl at the bar escalate to the girl being shot afterwards because “she insulted and embarrassed him”. Escalation is crazy stupid more often than not and I wish it wasn’t lol.

Id love to see more fist fights actually STAY fist fights, rather than escalating to a gun battle when someone starts losing the fight. 

As long as Play 2 Win mentality exists and people refuse to lose it will never change.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:26 AM, Pillsbury said:

I agree. Mentality is a huge thing of it. Some people generally just think it's okay to shoot over everything and anything in the world, and have no "emotion" for it whether it's actually "right" to do so in the time. Population is something I've always said because it use to be a huge argument back in the day. It's also one of the easier ways to explain it to people when they go "it happens in real life, here's a video" - and the video is from 2010 of a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper doing a cart-wheel backflip over five cars and shooting a suspect from three miles away with his .22 pistol, or the Gang Member who was able to take over an entire City while killing 500 cops at once (these are massive exaggerations) but the point still stands. Just because it happened once every five years, doesn't mean people are able to use that excuse here and make "good rp" out of it.

It's a discussion that Administrators have constantly and it's the reason I'm posting here, sometimes people have some good examples of what might be the problem or what they see daily. I don't see everything, most days I'm doing reports. It's best coming from the players who are involved/that see it 🙂

(On a side note, let's make sure this discussion stays appropriate as it could turn out to be a half decent one. You can agree to disagree at worst :P)

I run a car lot, I've met people who come in, be rude IC, get denied service for their attitude. Proceed to threat with violence, asked to leave, do not do that, 911 is called, officers show up, and three options happen:

• Guy leaves after being spoken to (if he did not have a weapon in his hand)
  • Guy runs, cops chase.
  • Guy fights cops and looses.

In certain cases where said person who was acting tough starts a fight with customers, they outnumber him, he decides it's a good idea to pull a weapon (gun or knife, does not matter) in the process giving EVERYONE who has a gun (legal or illegal) a reason to shoot him.

Latest incident we had in a faction I am in, we were setting out to ride out. We move out, hear a car alarm go off, owner shows up (no idea if he was local) with his car and friends, accuses us of trying to jack his shit after we denied it (mind you if it were us and the alarm went off we'd not be lingering around!). We outnumber them, a fist fight breaks out, they start loosing, they pull a gun. Poor escalation right then and there. The mentality of players has to change, and in this case by Admins taking serious action over poor-escalation against the aggressor.

You escalated a situation, regardless what it is. There was mention of female characters being KILLED over denial, saying no. People forget what murder entails beyond the conscience of you taking a life, law enforcement will be looking for you. We're in 2022, cameras are EVERYWHERE (not only CCTV), just take a look at news stations they show a lot of phone-recorded videos of incidents they report because EVERYONE has a phone with a camera.

Two years ago, this was not the case, either the people mentality changed or admin action for poor-escalation is not enough to deter people from doing it, not to mention think about their ACTIONS! Two years ago, you could Roleplay outside without fear someone would roll up on you. Today it is not the case, you can not RP anywhere like we used to, only if it's a hot-spot then you have some chance of Roleplay.

Two years ago, everyone including illegal players took the moment to think of the action they plan to perform. These days, "bang bang bang & run" is the mentality. For example the rampant robbing & mugging that took place mid of 2020 to late 2021, it changed only when Rules of the server were changed to properly set guide lines for it. People abused the HECK out of the BF400 to the point where it was nerfed script wise on it's speed, everyone switched to a Sanchez/Manchez now due to that.

As much as I prefer everything being dictated in IC, proper guide lines on OOC level must be set to prevent blatant abuse of Play-to-Win mentality players.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 2