What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

31 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Ask someone to move their bike off the beach, get threatened to be gunned down on the spot.

what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

100% comply with a robbery. Get beat within an inch of my character’s life and then killed because the robber decided he couldn’t risk being identified after not wearing a mask. 

10/10 would RP again. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

It makes bicycling around the city a nightmare. 

Some cyclists deserve to be run over again and again for encroaching on all lanes of the road going in the opposite direction and bunny jumping.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Some cyclists deserve to be run over again and again for encroaching on all lanes of the road going in the opposite direction and bunny jumping.

While this is about escalations, I can't help but agree, many are just biking all over the road like the city was empty.

2 minutes ago, Jennie said:

While I won't disagree with that, it's usually the opposite. I've had people shoot through an intersection so fast that they couldn't even feel the bump of my bike or the curb they just skidded over to hit me.

The worst are typically the people that make a U-turn and then start following, before inevitably running me down via their latency issues. They usually then drive off as if they didn't just run down a cyclist.

3 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I've been informed via discord that someone by the name of "WSGC" does in fact own the Davis LTD, and they use alt characters as managers of the place. Apparently they turned off the /bjoin, so they're screening roleplayers out of working there.

Guess I'll have to start working at one of the gas stations next door. Sucks that property management killed one of my go-to roleplay spots...

HEY! I shall be messaging you!

Proper escalation also stems down to how the city is portrayed and how people perceive population. If we're told that the only people who exist are the ones online (per Bospy's previous IFM ruling - not sure if this has changed under new IFM or not), can't blame people for doing drastic things when the streets are empty. If there are no cars? There are no cars IC. If there are no people IC'ly there? There are no people there. No risk of being caught. No reason to fear getting caught shooting someone in the middle of the street over a fist fight. I've seen differing judgements about this on reports too. See the predicament? Does it make sense? Who knows. It's one of the many issues to tackle with regards to this wide-reaching issue.

On topic. I was once kidnapped while fishing, then frisked, spit on, beaten and shot because I was only carrying fish and not a gun, phone or money. 10/10 would RP again.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 2