What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

Basically as much as looking at someone in a "weird" way is grounds to get beat up and shot. I've gotten threatened to be beat up because my character's model was accidentally looking towards a group.

I've also had multiple situations where people had contraband on them but escalated the situation to the point where we would find them:

- A 16 year old was busting our balls and not providing identification so we detained him and terry frisked him. We found a Glock and later on a bag of cocaine on him all because he refused to provide identification for a valid reason. (He complained in /b about it too.)

- People gunning others down when they get pulled over just because the officer called for backup. Backup is backup, doesn't mean you're getting arrested.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

First one that came to mind:

Someone getting shot in the back of the head execution style in the middle of the day in a crowded area because they were caught trying to sell weed in the neighborhood twice (the seller was obviously a relatively new player).

Most bad escalation I've seen comes from people who can't help but see the PK system as a reset button. Which to be honest it might as well be.

Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

The amount of times a female char says they don't want to sleep with someone or dance with someone or talk to someone and are met with death threats or violence. People seem to think this makes them tough but it just makes them look insecure and weak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, $hadow said:

My char was gonna buy something from Davis LTD. Some guy started randomly flirting. Some other guy called him out on that which kinda pissed the first guy off. He threw a punch and the second guy pulled out a pistol and blasted the first guy to which his friend responded by blasting the second guy. The second guy's friend then joined in as well with some automatic and made sure everyone stayed dead. He was later killed by the cops. 

Just a quiet day in LS.

lol

10 hours ago, KV said:

See if I remember correctly...

I responded to a DM report by someone employed at a 24/7 store.  Apparently what happened was, a guy walked in claiming to be owner of the server-run 24/7 and demanded the employee to leave since she had no idea who he was?  She did not comply, and so he pulled out a bat and beat the shit out of her until she died.  He was convinced he was totally justified in this because he had been telling people he owned the store, and to him this was now server-lore.  

There was something about this in the forum report section, and it actually turned me away from GTAW for a bit. Apparently some dude created an entire discord group to claim ownership of the Davis LTD or something? Is that still the case, or even allowed?

50 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

There was something about this in the forum report section, and it actually turned me away from GTAW for a bit. Apparently some dude created an entire discord group to claim ownership of the Davis LTD or something? Is that still the case, or even allowed?

It's not allowed, no. If I remember right the old owners of the Davis LTD were either banned or removed from it back when it became a 24/7 DM fest, but otherwise 24/7 stores to my knowledge have script-wise a character owning them, since I knew the owner of the Koreatown one.