What are some examples of unrealistic escalations that you've seen on the server?

17 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

This is the biggest one we see and we are continuing to try to place in regulations/preventive measures to have people stop escalation small situations into massive shootings.

People can link videos/photos all they want but forget that the State of Texas in itself is about the same size (with mainly talking about the sizes of the State+Country, and then add in that Texas has close to 30M people itself in the State) of England and France put together, let alone the other 49 States that make the USA. California itself, has close to 40 million people.. Tell me that you see a shooting everyday in person and you would be lying to yourself and everyone else around you. News and Media sources will put out shootings, stabbings, fights turning into shootings-- but let's be honest, that's one situation of a Country that is populated of 329M as of 2020. Some of our Counties alone in the USA are the size of some Countries in terms of population. 

The reason we want these small escalations to stop is because we quite literally are not a server of 329 million people.. We have a server that you see around 500-1000 people in daily. You see more shootings in a span of five hours here because someone said that your shoes are too big for your feet, and somehow that brings out the inner rage in people that activate a fight or flight mode, and they obviously always choose the fight mode.

It has nothing to do with the population it has everything to do with the mentality of some people irl. The same applies here , we’re playing GTA V not the sims , the mentality of players is what drives the chaos in the server . Not all agree but it’s GTA V. The main issue is when you try to replace our world into gta v  .   Here’s a solution get rid of illegal factions and you’ll have sims 5. 

Edited by kiroshu
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, kiroshu said:

It has nothing to do with the population it has everything to do with the mentality of some people irl. The same applies here , we’re playing GTA V not the sims , the mentality of players is what drives the chaos in the server . Not all agree but it’s GTA V. The main issue is when you try to replace our world into gta v  .   Here’s a solution get rid of illegal factions and you’ll have sims 5. 

I agree. Mentality is a huge thing of it. Some people generally just think it's okay to shoot over everything and anything in the world, and have no "emotion" for it whether it's actually "right" to do so in the time. Population is something I've always said because it use to be a huge argument back in the day. It's also one of the easier ways to explain it to people when they go "it happens in real life, here's a video" - and the video is from 2010 of a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper doing a cart-wheel backflip over five cars and shooting a suspect from three miles away with his .22 pistol, or the Gang Member who was able to take over an entire City while killing 500 cops at once (these are massive exaggerations) but the point still stands. Just because it happened once every five years, doesn't mean people are able to use that excuse here and make "good rp" out of it.

It's a discussion that Administrators have constantly and it's the reason I'm posting here, sometimes people have some good examples of what might be the problem or what they see daily. I don't see everything, most days I'm doing reports. It's best coming from the players who are involved/that see it 🙂

(On a side note, let's make sure this discussion stays appropriate as it could turn out to be a half decent one. You can agree to disagree at worst :P)

• Upvote 1

its almost as if escalation is the single most important issue that needs to get tackled to improve roleplay quality in any tangible sense, almost as if finding a way to set harsh boundaries on escalation would stop the majority of shootouts, deathmatching and pointless conflict that does nothing to tangibly benefit any form of roleplay but the proverbial "winner" when they post condensed cringe, t-up-enter emotes and poor aim as a proverbial floss on a person that just got taken out of a situation that has (very likely) just devolved into garbage at that point

its a hobby where you play-pretend to be a model, gangbanger or anything inbetween bro, you shouldnt blow air up your own orifices and grow an ego over a hobby of writing third person actions in a 200~ pixel textbox and pretending you're somebody you're not. getting into shootouts or just doing abhorrent shit could be a character trait, sure, but los santos is already a city of psychopaths and im absolutely certain that without people roleplaying normal characters to act as the foundation propping up that garbage (and become victims of unreasonable escalation most of the time), you'd just remain in limbo starting shootouts with random cop characters over minor traffic offenses (or getting shot over minor traffic offenses), with the poorest of "yeah my char killed someone and he isnt going to prison so he'll just make sure they ship him off straight to old sparky instead by killing every cop within a zipcode"-tier excuses that get accepted by very non-confrontational staff

escalation issues stem from trash portrayal, an ooc ego and half the people responsible for them are a walking rpqm case that nobody's reported yet. they're also very much a precedent issue perpetuated by staff members whose decisions can be overruled at any point at the second circuit court of staff reports, so all punishments are lenient, non-confrontational and people that are responsible for all this generally get to keep coming back with a thousand last chances because nobody wants to be that guy getting kicked off the staff roster for digging his heel in and telling the dude with the 40-punishment rap sheet that he isn't ever coming back to the server

See if I remember correctly...

I responded to a DM report by someone employed at a 24/7 store.  Apparently what happened was, a guy walked in claiming to be owner of the server-run 24/7 and demanded the employee to leave since she had no idea who he was?  She did not comply, and so he pulled out a bat and beat the shit out of her until she died.  He was convinced he was totally justified in this because he had been telling people he owned the store, and to him this was now server-lore.  

• Upvote 4
20 minutes ago, KV said:

See if I remember correctly...

I responded to a DM report by someone employed at a 24/7 store.  Apparently what happened was, a guy walked in claiming to be owner of the server-run 24/7 and demanded the employee to leave since she had no idea who he was?  She did not comply, and so he pulled out a bat and beat the shit out of her until she died.  He was convinced he was totally justified in this because he had been telling people he owned the store, and to him this was now server-lore.  

I remember seeing that on the forum reports section.

My char was gonna buy something from Davis LTD. Some guy started randomly flirting. Some other guy called him out on that which kinda pissed the first guy off. He threw a punch and the second guy pulled out a pistol and blasted the first guy to which his friend responded by blasting the second guy. The second guy's friend then joined in as well with some automatic and made sure everyone stayed dead. He was later killed by the cops. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1