Allow Less-Complicated Robberies

14 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

its the fact that your hand needs to be held for ANYTHING 

let me just rp

If this was the issue...it's actually quite the opposite. Our hands are being held cause some individuals don't rp at all and ruin it for the rest.

Or should I start naming, how everything on the server has either been abused or ridiculed? Shall we delve into BF400 chain gangs, Somali pirates on alamo sea or near paleto bay, non-rp car theft using tows or flatbeds? People barging into open business saying they are robbing people there, not the business? I could go on.

Edited by Engelbert
51 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

If this was the issue...it's actually quite the opposite. Our hands are being held cause some individuals don't rp at all and ruin it for the rest.

Or should I start naming, how everything on the server has either been abused or ridiculed? Shall we delve into BF400 chain gangs, Somali pirates on alamo sea or near paleto bay, non-rp car theft using tows or flatbeds? People barging into open business saying they are robbing people there, not the business? I could go on.

Nah man just let me RP and live out my tugboat pirate dreams 🤣🤣🤣 

• Applaud 1

I do think we are a bit TOO restrictive on robberies now.  I know before they were too common and sometimes badly RP'd, but seems like we went a bit too far in the other direction and now we have these whole areas where no robberies are allowed, not allowed to rob while using certain vehicles and having to get admin approval all the time.  We could probably loosen things a LITTLE and see how it goes because random robberies (yes even not very well planned ones) should be part of the world.

Ok here's one suggestion we could try:  accounts that have shown they can be trusted to do random crime WELL and in moderation are given standing perms to conduct robberies as they wish, as long as they do /rob so that an admin can watch if they want.  The moment they start doing trashy, low quality robberies, they lose this privelege and must once again abide by the normal rules.  That would be cool huh and reward well-roleplayed crime and reduce burden on admins.  I think this would help us avoid ruining opportunities for everyone just because a few can't couldn't be trusted with it.

Edited by Paenymion
3 hours ago, Paenymion said:

because a few can't couldn't be trusted with it.

Issue is it wasn’t a few, it was a lot. That’s why such measures were taken. This wasn’t a case of a few bad apples, it was an entire batch of them. This community is hell bent on finding the least path of resistance. I understand why the rules were put in place. The community showed it couldn’t be trusted to do things the right way. Not just a few people, A LOT of people.

Edited by Brofessor
8 minutes ago, L I C E said:

i've done several store robberies, you can do them without any permission whatsoever so long as you're not actually taking any script items. why would you want 100 condoms or 100 dufflebags anyway for example. roleplay...

wait fr?