[LSN] Bishops - A Review

Bishops – A Review

By Troy Francis

Tucked away in the heart of Davis lies a small eatery called Bishops, a long standing staple of the Los Santos food scene. Initial impressions upon arrival are that from the outside it looks like a typical fast food takeaway eatery that is common across the US, however there is plenty of parking for those who choose to drive on over.

KcBsyYD.png

When I entered, I was greeted by pretty basic décor, which I would describe as functional as opposed to appealing, however, it was clean, tidy and there was a pleasant atmosphere. The menu had a wide range of classic home style American dishes. I would say that there was too much choice, as I became overwhelmed quite quickly. Service was quick and again functional, however it was a little transactional for my tastes as conversation was direct and brief, and I was not given the opportunity to find out more about the establishment. I was recommended the shrimp sandwich which I chose alongside onion rings, apple pie and a cola, all for $185, which was an exceptional price, but there was a half price special offer on, at the time.

My meal arrived quickly and luckily I ordered before a group of deputies arrived and put in a massive order. It became evident that the eatery requires more staff to deal with the influx of patrons. However, I must say the food was delicious. I couldn’t speak to the server to learn where the shrimp was sourced from, however the sandwich was tasty, seasoned to perfection and not at all dry. Onion rings were crisp and tasty, with a little Cajun spicing, all finished up with a not too sweet, classic apple pie.

To sum up, a reasonable eatery if you want a quick bite to eat, good food, and does what it needs to. Do not expect silver service, but then it doesn’t advertise itself as that type of establishment. Get a couple more staff, make the experience less transactional and you will be onto a winner with Bishops.

Overall, I would give Bishops a solid 7/10.

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

• Upvote 5

Username: RunFades2022

Comment: Good Place expect for some young Mexican gentlemen calling themselves playboys to ask where you from, probably might even see some nice gentlemen to yell there neighborhood out while enter the spot! Some individuals even yell whoop, I think that's a special drink.  Color  you wear doesn't matter over here, 10/10 experience.

• Upvote 1