[FIX] No more textures loss on very high textures. (updated 21/12)

Genuinely can't tell if it's doing anything or not. I tried stress testing it earlier today in a very highly populated area (like large PD scene levels of highly populated) and it didn't really seem to do much. Still had textures disappearing. This could mean two things. Either the 'improvement' is placebo and it just looks like it's an improvement without actually being an improvement OR there's a limit as to how much this fixes texture loss until it can't fix it any more. And the limit seems to be, large PD scenes where there's over 30 vehicles in one spot.

Sidenote: I am using other mods to improve textures and stuff, so maybe that's why it's not as effective for me.

The good part is that this doesn't seem to have any negative effects on the game. No fps drops or anything like that. So even if this doesn't help, it's not going to affect your game in a bad way. Best to just install it just in case it actually is doing something but isn't obvious to tell.

Edited by ScarletRose
15 hours ago, Zailsvale said:

BM00KUB.png

Unfortunately, still a thing for me.

Crashed a couple of minutes as well.

Seems like you're using V:DE, and this doesn't work at all with it. Might be with the latest version of HDMP, I'm still figuring out, can you tell me which mod you're using?

10 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

Genuinely can't tell if it's doing anything or not. I tried stress testing it earlier today in a very highly populated area (like large PD scene levels of highly populated) and it didn't really seem to do much. Still had textures disappearing. This could mean two things. Either the 'improvement' is placebo and it just looks like it's an improvement without actually being an improvement OR there's a limit as to how much this fixes texture loss until it can't fix it any more. And the limit seems to be, large PD scenes where there's over 30 vehicles in one spot.

Sidenote: I am using other mods to improve textures and stuff, so maybe that's why it's not as effective for me.

The good part is that this doesn't seem to have any negative effects on the game. No fps drops or anything like that. So even if this doesn't help, it's not going to affect your game in a bad way. Best to just install it just in case it actually is doing something but isn't obvious to tell.

It will change nothing performance-wise, you won't get losses or gain, if you're using V:DE, it will not work, I can make it work with LA Roads though, here's my configuration:
image.png.cae8fc2ae81baf5a32d6098c5eee47a5.png
I have visualvanilla as graphic mod, LA Roads, gun pack, and the white lights mod, that's mostly it, try with either no mods, or deleting some.

So I've not really had any invisible textures, some graphic issues, due to a lot of things being spawned in. But the general idea for me is (leave the area ASAP) just get rid of the mods that replace a lot of things IE LA roads, Vegetation mod, and the mods of the like. I play on very high textures and rarely as I said before rarely run into invisible textures.

My specs are as listed:

image.png.9b5fab001271da8dbc441732408b944b.png

image.png.3199ed3a39ed2492f0dcc4d3a1fa5c15.pngimage.png.a4f9453110b0a1d3e82d9e4e2f99e016.png

On 5/13/2022 at 6:34 AM, Goodfellas said:

Still get texture loss, seems to be no difference.

image.png.2655de28277394a110f7283819ce8647.png

these my mods, any suggestions?

I'd suggest you to, delete hdmp, gtaworldevolved and VGR, try without it first, but mostly gtaworldevolved and VGR.

21 hours ago, Junx said:

This doesn't work, I had texture loss last night even with this mod.

Can you send your mods? If you got any, V:DE would not work with the fix, no matter what you do

Edited by chocomint
2 hours ago, chocomint said:

I'd suggest you to, delete hdmp, gtaworldevolved and VGR, try without it first, but mostly gtaworldevolved and VGR.

Can you send your mods? If you got any, V:DE would not work with the fix, no matter what you do

I have a completely vanilla game other than Ur file

• chocomint changed the title to [FIX] No more textures loss on very high textures. (updated 21/12)