Make CK apps public

Rhy Rhy

This would only make things incredibly difficult for the party requesting the CK. More often than not, the CK app is pretty deep and goes into a lot of details.  If you ask the targeted party for input, most people are going to metagame, and there's literally no way to prove it.

Just now, imi said:

People don't log in when they have warrants for an evasion charge, nevermind knowing their impending death is coming.

Also this.

nah, it’ll make people go like; “I DONT REMEMBER THIS ENCOUNTER AT ALL! IT’S NOT ENOUGH OF A REASON bla bla bla’

rather keep it private, just don’t do anything that could anger someone enough to write a detailed ck app on you 

"john doe said your char did x, y, and z so they are going to kill you, can you confirm this happened?"

uh, uh.. naw that didnt happen!!!!!

-1 ck apps need to be hidden. they can go public after the ck happens for rebuttal if you feel a need to bring it to the forums. 

1 hour ago, knppel said:

I'd recommend staff to consult targetted parties to verify claims rather than adding to the public drama.

However there's zero reasons to NOT do this.

At all you lot screaming "no", if you can't play your role casually just because some people are out there to get you ic, joke's on you.

As for the "problem of metagaming":

If I let my character do something that is such a grieveous offense as that it warrants people really hunting their head (ck apps are usually that), I - and my character with me- will be aware anyway.

The one thing that could really cause issues is when a character potentially has a multitude of enemies and ONE of them decides to go ahead.

That's why, as mentioned initially, staff verifiying information without to give up directly who requested it would be the sensible solution.

In general the idea to consult with to-be-killed parties is good, however.

Keep in mind one of the main issues the community complains about is how long staff takes usually to handle apps (exceptions stating the rule).

Getting the other point of view WILL lead to faster decision finding, regardless if in favour or against. It just eases up staff work, opposed to have to go on claims made by one party.

I posted this on my phone but this is what I ment, you can make them Public to the person without identifying the character trying to kill then, obv after the CK has been done. The point I was trying to make is that the person should be able to see the evidence used for the CK app to rebuff it 

Edited by Rhy Rhy