[SAGOV] Official Press Release: Senate Inauguration 2022

VCv0boX.png

State of San Andreas
Official Press Release

From the desk of Esme Sheikh-Wade, Director of Strategic Communications and Outreach:

For Immediate Release to the General Public:

Senate Inauguration 2022:

May 6th, 2022: As elections have come to a close, Secretary of State Noah Wade, acting in the capacity of the President of the Senate, conducted the inauguration of the new legislators at the San Andreas State Capitol. The ceremony was held at 20:30 on May 6, 2022, being observed by both members of the public and government officials alike. The President of the Senate guided the Senator-elects, along with the incumbents through the oath of office. Moreover, Senate Chaplain Gregory Francis was present to deliver a short prayer to mark the start of the session.

unknown.png

Democrat Senators (left), Secretary of State, Noah Wade and Senate Chaplain, Gregory Francis (center), Republican Senators (right)

2Foapgj.jpeg

Senate chambers

The President of the Senate disclosed a list of the newly elected lawmakers and their corresponding districts that they will be representing. The newly elected Senators followed by the incumbents are as follows: 

Democratic Party

District 25, Sen. Jackie Lu
District 26, Sen. Tucker Meier
District 30, Sen. Diana Jones (Incumbent)
District 33, Sen. Kaoru King-Yagami, Esq.

Republican Party

District 27, Sen. Adrian Rossi (Incumbent)
District 28, Sen. Bob Williams
District 29, Sen. Scarlet Summers
District 31, Sen. Rudy Benson (Incumbent)
District 32, Sen. Andrew Brandenburg
District 34, Sen. Joshua Shepherd (Incumbent)

The fresh batch of Senators alongside the incumbents took the oath of office, solemnly swearing to support and defend the Constitution of the United States as well as the Constitution of San Andreas against all enemies, foreign and domestic; bearing true faith and allegiance to the same; that they took the obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that they would well and faithfully discharge the duties of office on which they were about to enter: So help them God.

unknown.png

Republican Senators taking their oath of office

unknown.png

Democratic Senators taking their oath of office

Shortly after the senators had taken their oath of office, the session was moved onto the nomination of the President Pro Tempore. Out of the total of eight lawmakers present, six had nominated former PPT Adrian Rossi, while the other two did not nominate. Minority Leader Diana Jones further remarked as she recommended her colleague from across the aisle, commending him on his "successful bipartisan cooperation" from previous sessions. After nominations were put forward, Sen. Rudy Benson motioned for a vote to be held. Without objections Sen. Adrian Rossi was elected for his second term as President Pro Tempore.

BUxxiK1.png

Passing of the gavel, PPT Adrian Rossi (left), Secretary of State Noah Wade (right)

Sen. Rossi, having received the presidential gavel, was designated as the chairman for the remainder of the session and recognized the Minority Leader for a short remark.

Diana Jones stated the following: 

"As the longest sitting senator, I've watched colleagues and friends come and go. Brilliant mentors such as Frank Ernst, principled gentlemen like Marty Haney. Men and women that we have to thank for the state of our State. It's not the most common scenario that a Democrat nominates a Republican for such a position. But that is what sets us apart from legislatures that get stuck in their endless fights. We are the ones who work together.”

“Adrian Rossi here has been a tremendous leader, a cunning politician, and a great friend. I am grateful to get to work alongside him again, and I have the people to thank for that. All of you who voted, who put your trust in all of us. There is much to be done, and our state is far from perfect. And yet, it is on days like these that I feel proud to be a citizen of San Andreas. Thank you, everyone, and thank you and congratulations, Adrian.”

President Pro Tempore followed it up with a speech of his own, the following is what he stated:

"Thank you everyone. Thank you so much, to the voters, to our Constituents, to my colleagues, and to those that supported me throughout this endeavour. I know that we've been standing around for so long, so I'll speak for just a minute before we are dismissed. — Well, we've given speeches left and right these past few weeks. Everything we have said reflects the principles of our Democracy from those that run to represent the People and those the People elect. All I can give today is my unending gratitude to those who continue to support me. There was overwhelming support. I cannot thank you all enough.”

“Now is a time where we work together with one another, where we come together willingly and hear each other out. This is how civilized societies work. We will not divide, we will not be a source of harm for one another. At the end of the day, we're each pushing to do good. At the end of the day, we are all Americans! God bless the State of San Andreas, and may God bless These United States of America. Thank you!”

yU2OdeT.png

Minority leader, Diana Jones (left) and PPT, Adrian Rossi (right)

On behalf of Strategic Communications and Outreach, we’d like to thank both LSNN and LSPD’s H-Platoon for attending and securing tonight’s remarkable event.

Notes::

All current and future media inquiries may be directed to the office of Strategic Communications and Outreach at [email protected]. All information contained within this press release is recorded and archived by the State of San Andreas, and can be retrieved via official request. Author Esme Sheikh-Wade is reachable at [email protected] for any inquiry.

Edited by Deeman
  • Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1