Subway System Being Added

TYLENOL

I think it'd make more sense to just simply add  an NPC'd train, if anything. Firstly I was against this whole idea in general but when you think of the County being so far away ICly, it would give players a much logical IC way of getting to and from.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, vralf said:

This made sense because it went to different cities. Why on Earth would there be a freight train with passenger carriages in the streets of Los Angeles. This isn’t Eastern Europe 

There wouldn’t, it’s a freight line. Except if people want to ride the “train” to Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores they’ll have to put a passenger train on the line. Hence the comparison. 

NPC'd train would be great. Could be "timed teleports" if the alternative is too complicated, as-well. I.E. If you want to Teleport from the airport to Rockford, you'd have to wait 2 minutes before it teleports you there, just to avoid people abusing the script by automatically teleporting to different locations.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, TYLENOL said:

How do you, the community, feel about the prospect of the metro system being added? Do you think it could provide anything good for the server? Do you think there are any good roleplay concepts that can come from the subway? Would the possible limitations brought onto the server be worth it? Would it even be particularly active?

Just take a look at how the Bus/Taxi service is handled. Unless it is done same as the cable-car then it won't work. Since forever in Roleplay communities that was always ignored or avoided by players.

8 hours ago, Rekhoem said:

Imagine being able to take your mountain bike to chilliad to do mountain biking without having to ride across the freeway on a bicycle

You can always just RP storing your bike in the trunk of your car, drive up to Paleto, then /fixveh your bike to begin your biking trip. There's no need to ride your bike the entire way for miles just to get to the mountains xD

1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Just take a look at how the Bus/Taxi service is handled. Unless it is done same as the cable-car then it won't work. Since forever in Roleplay communities that was always ignored or avoided by players.

In my mind it'd be NPC'd.

4 hours ago, TyJ said:

Train system would be pretty cool to have if its operated 24/7 through an NPC system. If this is a player owned system it would ultimately fail.

Exactly. +1 for a NPC'd train system. And for those saying it wouldn't work due to lag, just look at the new weapon system where we can attach weapons to players. Attaching a player to the train shouldn't be impossible. It's already coded into the base-game.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fergie said:

Exactly. +1 for a NPC'd train system. And for those saying it wouldn't work due to lag, just look at the new weapon system where we can attach weapons to players. Attaching a player to the train shouldn't be impossible. It's already coded into the base-game.

It's more the AI mechanics in having it drive by itself. Although not complicated, they eat resources. I assume it's one of the main reasons pets are so expensive too.

11 hours ago, eTaylor said:

The “subway passenger train” isn’t a subway passenger train in-game. Not unless you mod a new one in. The “subway” were referencing is really a LRT line, with LRT trains. If you put the LRT train on the freight line it’ll look weird, out of place and probably isn’t possible to begin with. Instead it’d make more sense to have a LRT and passenger line on the freight line as separate trains. Like how GTA SA had Brown Streak.  

That was unnecessarily pedantic of you. Subway / Light Rail that goes under ground, you knew what I meant. We're on the same page and in agreement. I'll rephrase. 

If there is a way, ANYWAY to get a passenger train of SOME description, be it mods or the current one that's native to GTA 5, on both the track in the city and the one that goes out to Paleto then I think that would be awesome 

• Wuhtah locked this topic