Subway System Being Added

TYLENOL

5 hours ago, Cartoonhead said:

Waste of effort for something that will be used for a week max, then forgotten about. No - 1

Its most likely that hypothetically once it'd be added, it would become very active for a short period of time then die down. But at the same time, I still think there'd be people using it far after its implementation, aswell as this I believe the department of transport will push the system aswell. Essentially, it wouldn't be the biggest update to come, but it would still be nice to have, and alot of characters could most likely use it. 

16 hours ago, $hadow said:

It's a nice idea! Though, I don't think LS has transportation problems. We've got taxis and occasionally buses, so they might think that the new system could potentially hinder their RP if they're NPC'd. Also, gotta keep in mind that subways are no-crime zones. 

you're lucky if a cab driver answers ur call, and if they do? 8/10 it's some trollish char who's on all types of drugs icly, drifting through the city like he's baby driver and charging u ridiculous prices for the shortest routes. 

1 hour ago, damnbrah said:

you're lucky if a cab driver answers ur call, and if they do? 8/10 it's some trollish char who's on all types of drugs icly, drifting through the city like he's baby driver and charging u ridiculous prices for the shortest routes. 

Multiple times I've called a taxi and had a blacked out SUV show up like... Nah. 

I think there is a conversation to be had about effort vs reward. How much work it would take for the dev team vs how much use it would get long term. 

And also the likelihood of people being totally out off by trai and stations and subways being an easy place to target robberies. 

Edited by Perstephone
Added information
20 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

Multiple times I've called a taxi and had a blacked out SUV show up like... Nah. 

I think there is a conversation to be had about effort vs reward. How much work it would take for the dev team vs how much use it would get long term. 

And also the likelihood of people being totally out off by trai and stations and subways being an easy place to target robberies. 

So like uber..?

People think they clever with black taxis. But nopes. Once I see two people in a taxi coming for me. I pretend I didn't call them.

This ain't 70s/80s where it was possible to get away with it. Even if people largely abandon metro in few months. It's still worth having it.

People will use it, more often than player ran buses or taxis.

I'd love it, and yes, I'd actually use it. 

It'd also be a great alternative to the car or perpetually expensive taxis for every party-goer, especially LEOs who can't risk a DUI, which would probably - next to people who just want to RP not having a car, the homeless community and the "my car is on the other side of the city and fixveh isnt working" victims - would probably be the most frequent users of this.

I can both see potential and use for it, yes.

• Wuhtah locked this topic