Is GTA: World realistic to you? Is complete realism necessary in building a believable world?

No. A rookie cop sees more bodies/murders/shootouts in a month than an LAPD Officer does in years.

The property market is absolutely FUBAR ( 300K houses selling for 3 million all the time )

EVERYONE in Davis has a gun. EVERYONE.

Murders in broad daylight.

Teenagers having no issue getting into shootouts with the law, when in real life it's very rare for cops to die to homicide in Los Angeles. They've lost more officers to COVID than they did in a decade of shootouts.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Dunno why you're taking it so personally. The thread asked if the server is realistic and the answer is no. 

im not, in fact i have a response for you that isnt just me fucking around, as I'd like to engage in a friendly discussion.

1) Murders happen in broad-day light, also the way that the server works with it's time-zone...some people can only get on when its day time.

2) Not everybody in Davis has a gun, the gun-market for Black Gang roleplay is completely fucked and it's extremely difficult to get guns, most guns that people do have are being jammed, fucked up, or savored...out of the 30-40 active people in my faction, a total of 10 have guns. Now the Sureno factions? They got guns like candy in vending machines, but that's just how it goes. I wish we could have more knives, knuckle dusters and fist-fights, but every time they happened it escalates to gun-play because someone is outnumbered, shit im guilty of dat too

3) its a video game, ur gonna see loads of bodies, you people need to stop expecting this to be a 1:1 of real-life when at the end of the day its a VIDEO GAME. people are going to die more often then real life because its GRAND THEFT AUTO. even if its heavy roleplay, its still GTA. 

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Sure, it is. But the question was: " Is the server realistic? "

You saying it's a video game doesn't change the answer. It just provides an explanation for it.

Well, no. In a sense, the server is not realistic...and I doubt it every will be. Just a lot falls into the development and way it works that fucks with it, like the economy being weird...I don't know whether to hand somebody 1 dollar when they say 1 dollar or 10, or 100...it's confusing asab and that fucks with the immersion for sho

Edited by ZaE

realistic my ass, we got LTD workers driving 300k vehicles from the day 1 of the server's creation and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. ur average cop and criminal lives and dies without firing a single shot against another human being irl, here they do that every other day

now the first thing, it's just stupid and I'd like to see less of it. the second, though? it would be super boring not to shoot. ok? I wanna shoot

• Upvote 2

When it comes to driving or shooting, it solely an OOC skill and everyone do their best on their characters. But I don't think GTAW necessarily need to be a 1:1 copy of realism. I used to play a character that occasionally escape from the hospital so that he can have fun outside. He also visited a doctor outside of the hospital so that the doctor can convince the hospital to let my character go. The hospital RP was totally NPC'ed. If everyone only pursue realism, I might have got banned already.