Is GTA: World realistic to you? Is complete realism necessary in building a believable world?

6 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

That's not how it works. You can't just put the gun back in your pocket and think you're now immune to being shot lmao.

This isn't London.

well... Thiago Martinez got a warning buddy.

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

I have seen this happen very rarely. You'll have to give me concrete examples. An armed murdered getting gunned down is not one.

He was unarmed at the time, the cop also only HEARD shooting never even saw the person shoot anyone. He also received a warning for that incident. 

15 minutes ago, sCrax said:

But yeah, staff is very objective when it comes to punishing people, right?

People do get punished internally for things like this, when it's in violation of the rules or in outright violation of good portrayal. Some of them don't get to play in the faction anymore as a result of it or become barred from progression on those characters for good. Some just get CKed on the scene. This isn't usually the same in reverse by any measure. Acknowledged or not, illegal characters have the upper hand by design because the server wants you to thrive and LEO entities must foremost enjoy, as players, the uphill and often losing battle in engagement with that. So I'd personally prefer to see less of a us vs. them slander match when it's a realism debate.

Cops do shit that seem in violation of the rules? Report them. You see things you think are poor portrayal? Report it. You want a debate that might stay on this subject for about 30 mins and 20 replies, open a thread on it and pray it's productive and not another chasm between two groups that absolutely require one another to be relevant.

Edited by shrike.
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I have seen this happen very rarely. You'll have to give me concrete examples. An armed murdered getting gunned down is not one.

Give me examples of your vision of davis roleplayers, give me concrete, factual, identifiable and full-fledged set in stone evidence that gang roleplayers are the worse thing on the server as you paint them to be. Give me evidence and examples within the last 3 months of all of this HORRIBLE ROLEPLAY and UNREALISTIC, UNIMMSERIVE DISGUSTING bla bla bla shit that you have seen....and make sure its from ACTUAL gang roleplayers, not newer players or trolls with African American or Hispanic names.

You are using a "GIVE ME CONCRETE EXAMPLES" card because in your mind, if it isn't clipped or video taped you don't have to agree or admit to it, it happens and I see it all the time, literally happened 2 nights ago in Chamberlain where multiple people were shot and killed, or shot and arrested over RUNNING from their block being shot up, but I guess cause you didn't see it...it didn't happen?

You police want to win against illegal roleplayers, you want to have control and win. Where as gang roleplayers? We'd prefer if we were just left the fuck alone, if it isn't immersive roleplay where your characters actually feel like humans? Why do we want it...all I've ever gotten out of LSPD within my 2 years of this server is powergaming, reporting over the slightest shit or shitting on illegal roleplay, where as LSSD has came out to do events with gang roleplayers, interacted with them CORRECT and aggressively where it's fun, done fucked up and corrupt shit to my characters that is FUN, not just trying to win. The same way my bad apples ruined your taste, your bad apples ruined mine. It goes both ways.

The server isn't realistic at all, it never will be because it's a video game  and I'll leave it at that, I hate having this debate once a month but it seems it'll just keep happening forever and ever.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1