Is GTA: World realistic to you? Is complete realism necessary in building a believable world?

People are just very selective about realism. Basically, any take on realism that lets me have fun is good. Any take on realism that constrains me in any way is bad. I don't care if my RP ruins someone else's immersion, but don't you dare ruin mine. Etc. Etc.

• Upvote 4

People will draw the line of realism where it suits them. Gang RPers will say "Cops need to be more realistic when in gang areas" yet will not hesistate a single bit to pull up to a rival gang and gun everyone down over a friend being insulted. Cops will say gang rpers don't respond realistically and fear of the police, yet most cops will endanger their life over nothing. Hyper-realism is boring when it's enforced. People come back from school, work and hop on to enjoy themselves. It's GTA, not real life.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3
2 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

People will draw the line of realism where it suits them. Gang RPers will say "Cops need to be more realistic when in gang areas" yet will not hesistate a single bit to pull up to a rival gang and gun everyone down over a friend being insulted. Cops will say gang rpers don't respond realistically and fear of the police, yet most cops will endanger their life over nothing. Hyper-realism is boring when it's enforced. People come back from school, work and hop on to enjoy themselves. It's GTA, not real life.

^

5 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

It's Heavy roleplay! Everything needs to be 1:1 and if I lose?! I gotta forum report

How can GTA:W be realistic when its social media Facebrowser is full of fake pics decorated in Menyoo, while in the game world they look like a regular Betty.

RP Wise: Yes, unless you come across a muscle man wearing a vest and tattoos all over.

Edited by Numark