Is GTA: World realistic to you? Is complete realism necessary in building a believable world?

Realism is not completely necessary to build a believable heavy roleplay world. We are never going to have a 1:1 with the real world and thank god. We're all here to have fun at the end of the day. I've been guilty of expecting realism where things don't necessarily make sense more times than I can count, but I'm evolving the more I'm immersed in this environment. There should be some level of realism of course, but as long as what's going on is believable and not breaking any rules? I'm down with it. Let people explore new avenues. We're not here to live second lives mimicking our real lives. Video games are an escape. Rules and goals to strive for some realism are absolutely necessary to keep this server from becoming a 100% DM server. We're still here to participate in a heavy RP server. Some realism is necessary. I'd rather it be believable that 100% realistic though.

Everyone has a different version of fun. Just because it's not your version of fun, doesn't mean it's not fun for someone else. Everyone has a different version of what's realistic and what's not. What's believable and what's not. We should all be a little less judgy and understanding of those facts. Do I still think some things are cringe where others don't? Of course. That's why we're all allowed to have opinions. Just take into account that we're all here for entertainment and if it gets so serious that it's actually affecting your real life mood, please go outside. Sunshine is good for you.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1

No.  And it isn't necessary either.  This is a video game at the end of the day.  We saw it with both prominent SAMP servers over the course of the years (RCRP and LSRP), the more the 1:1ers got their ways, the worse and more toxic the servers became which was a large part that caused their demise before SAMP was even really over.  There's a fine line and if you deviate too far one way or the other it's not a fun environment. 

Edited by flyer2359x
1 hour ago, Ski_ said:

When are admins gone start enforcing CKs on cops for not RPing fear? Them dudes be jumping out alone vs 4 ARs held by people that can ac shoot and never get CK'd. 

Ah yes because 4 man deep cars with auto rifles shooting cops is so realistic in 2022

1 hour ago, Ski_ said:

When are admins gone start enforcing CKs on cops for not RPing fear? Them dudes be jumping out alone vs 4 ARs held by people that can ac shoot and never get CK'd. 

they do when the situation warrants a CK lol